Club Posh

Club Posh (http://www.clubposh.com/forum/index.php)
-   Archive Headlines (http://www.clubposh.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The Carol Duvall Show is Back on the Air (http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4408)

Warren 09-07-2007 10:35 AM

The Carol Duvall Show is Back on the Air

Yes, Carol is back! OK, they are reruns, but the techniques are timeless, and a second viewing can make for better understanding.

Dee also appears on DIY Scrapbooking for rubber stamping. So you can enjoy it and learn techniques and projects as much as ever. If you know days and times, please email us at info@DeeGruenig.com. We don't get a chance to see them while working. Thank you.

Many, including Club Posh members, contacted HGTV to ask for their return and by golly this probably helped. Carol telephoned today and was surprised to see what you and others have accomplished. She is a Club Posh member with the username of UpNorth and you can see the 400 messages with over 13,000 viewings and letters of support including her two responses here: http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3964

Times are 6:30 Mountain, 7:30 Central and 8:30 AM Eastern and Pacific times.
If you tell/pm/email your friends to watch it will help ensure that it stays on air as this might be a test.

For some puzzling reason, Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble and Michaels are having trouble getting Carol's terrific new book Papercrafting with Carol Duvall and no-one seems to have the hardback copy that costs only $5 more and it lays flat. Here it is at Sunday's site: http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?P...odID=2067&HS=1

Dee will appear Monday morning Sept. 10. See times above.

RosemaryH 09-07-2007 10:44 AM

Hip Hip Hooray!!! I'm scheduling my days off from work to begin with Carol...especially this coming Monday, when we get to see DEE!
It doesn't matter that the shows are reruns. It's like watching Dee's DVD's, and Frozen Assets, it gets to be more and more fun with each viewing!

Daniel 09-08-2007 03:55 AM

Great news about Carol's show, Warren. Nice to think Club Posh members may have helped.

What's also 'nice' is that--given the vast number of Duvall shows that HGTV has in its catelog--an astute producer/editor could run 'theme' weeks. Holidays & categories spring to my mind. A week's worth of stamping episodes would certainly be interesting.

Speaking of Dee... How many times did she appear on Carol's show? :)

redned 09-08-2007 10:11 AM

Or even better - all day marathons. :D Wouldn't that be great. Maybe for Thanksgiving Day, or that whole weekend.

Warren 09-08-2007 10:14 AM

Daniel...Dee appeared 65 times on the CDS. I think that most, though maybe not all, are listed on the HGTV web site.

And on another subject, thanks, Daniel, for your perceptive vision of how our sets are put together for mulitple use, such as outside of a theme (such as Halloween), wide variety of uses within the theme or set and interactive use between sets as size and type are kept uniform.

Redned and Daniel...Carol doesn't feel it's appropriate to influence HGTV's programming decisions, but look what you members probably have done to help get it back on the air. So theme weeks or bunching of programming might be accepted by actual viewers such as you.

stampingrandmama 09-11-2007 02:51 PM

I purchased Carol's new book from Crafters' Choice book club. Rec'd it yesterday (paperback edition). It's well worth the price with lots of fun things and clever ideas in it. I'm looking forward to trying several projects and techniques that are new to me and re-visiting several more that I knew about but had sort of forgotten about over time. I'm really glad I bought it .

UpNorth 09-12-2007 12:58 PM

Wow! You stampers continue to amaze and thrill me with your enthusiasm and many kind comments. I FINALLY got that really long response written that I have been trying to get to.....part of the delay was due to the fact that some of the information kept changing....and part was my procrastination....but anyway, it's on the website
http://www.clubposh.com/forum/showth...3#post50370823 and is post #78 if you are interested. I THINK it's on page 6 but the above address should take you there. Thank you one and all.....Carol

Donna4stamps 09-13-2007 06:25 PM

I'm too excited to know what to say, after finding out CDS is on HGTV again yesterday, getting to watch a recording of it, and then finding Carol's message here on Club Posh. : ) PLUS finding out that Dee will be on Monday!

Yippee!!
Donna

AmzdByHsGrace 09-13-2007 06:32 PM

How exciting that Carol takes time out from her busy schedule to send us a note! I am so glad to be able to get up and have a cup of coffee with her again in the mornings!! Starts my day off right and gets the creative juices flowing! Thanks for the message Carol!!
God bless
Nyoka

Warren 04-03-2008 04:42 PM

Hey Gang,

Carol just sent me a lovely email note reflecting the lovely person she is. She told me that she read and appreciated your comments. She is a Club Posh member. She is recovering from an operation as the terrific trooper she is. Knowing her, I expect a complete recovery. She closed her note with the following that I copied and am pasting just as she tryped it here:

"I did manage to read your nice note and even checked out the lovely things your readers wrote about the show. Please extend my sincere thanks.....tell them I know my recovery spiked that day....and that though I'm cutting back on my pain pills I still don't trust my brain to be working well enough to write a credible answer."

Please write her some messages. She does read them all.

greatgrandma2 04-03-2008 07:10 PM

Hi Carol,
Pray you will have a speedy and full recovery.
Have been enjoying the CD Show--I actually think you have as many reruns as Law & Order! :)
I do wish HGTV would keep you on 5 days at an hour when a lot of us are free to watch. We will take all we can get!! Have the VCR set up.

Love and hugs

AmzdByHsGrace 04-04-2008 07:05 AM

Carol, My thoughts and prayers go out to you. I pray for a speedy recovery! I am an avid fan! I love all your shows! Each time I watch a rerun I get something more out of the program! Its just that crafting NEVER grows old! There is always something to learn. I wish there were more shows on for us crafters. I just don't think they have been lucky enough to fill your shoes!!!
Please take care and drop us a note when you feel up to it. Until then maybe Warren and Dee can keep us informed on your progress!
May God bless
Nyoka

blossom 04-04-2008 07:23 AM

Hi Carol, My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Your shows give me the strength to makes my cards and to try some other things. I don't make it through the week with out watching your show. Thanks for all you do and feel better soon.........Blossom

Daniel 04-04-2008 09:19 AM

Hey Carol! Hope you're soon back in your 'tennies' & rarin' to go. 'course it's fine if you resort to a rascal... Look out world; here come Mz. Duvall [the 'Divine'].

You are an icon for crafters & the Craft Industry. Glad you're cutting back on the pain pills, but... Have a champagne cocktail--not too sweet, but definitely relaxing. The very things that you do so well as a crafter & craft presence!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Warren 04-04-2008 11:16 AM

Hi Nyoka and everyone,

I received your pm through the club. How thoughtful of you to suggest cards and well wishes for Carol. What she is going through is not life threatening - just knee replacement, but it is far from fun. She is doing her exercises and doing what she should be doing, and knowing her, she will have a complete and full recovery.

I just telephoned her a couple of minutes ago and asked what her preferences are for cards and well wishes. She was very impressed that you are thinking of her. Many want to reach her and so I have always asked her permission before giving out her address and phone number and such, espcially putting it into print as I want to protect her privacy. My suggestion, and she agrees, is that it will be best to send the cards to me and I will put them into one package to be sent to her home.

Again, she is delighted with the thoughtfulness of Club Posh members. She also sounded sharp as a tack - just as you know her.

With Carol's blessing I will post this pm that I am sending to you in the discussion forum.

Please send cards and well wishes for Carol, addressed to me, at the following address:
Warren Gruenig for Carol Duvall (please be sure to put for Carol Duvall on it)
Posh Impressions
34231 Camino Capistrano, Suite 202
Capistrano Beach, CA 92624

Many thanks again for your thoughtfulness,

Warren

stampingground 04-04-2008 11:54 AM

Thanks, Warren. This is a great idea. It will be some work for you, but I know that you won't mind helping us personally wish Carol our best with what we do best! Cards!

AmzdByHsGrace 04-04-2008 12:40 PM

Thanks Warren! I am happy that we have a way to send personal best wishes... and although you say the surgery is not life threatening, its still surgery and will mean many days of therapy! So lets all brighten her days and let her know how much we miss her with beautiful Poshie cards!!!
I appreciate this so much Warren!
God bless
Nyoka

Craftyria 04-04-2008 03:17 PM

Thank you for the update on Carol. She is my crafting inspiration. I just love watching the show. I'd love to have her whole collection on DVD, I could watch her again and again.

I hope the Sock Monkey is taking care of her and not causing too much trouble!

i.r.stamper 04-05-2008 05:56 AM

Carol, wishing you a quick recovery! And can't wait to see your newest video! (It's advertised on the PageSage website*wink*) If I can't have you on TV daily, at least I'll have your DVD to watch whenever I want!*VBG*

Inkycat 04-07-2008 04:29 AM

Bless your heart, Carol! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery from your knee replacement surgery. :)

vangerhofer 04-09-2008 06:30 AM

I hope you are recovering well now and that soon you will be out doing the jiggy dance again. Having knees bother you are no fun and I am sure the recovery time from the surgery is not all that pleasant either. I tried to access your TV show on HGTV this morning and it was not on. I think the new lineup of shows on HGTV has excluded all crafting shows now. I am really bummed about this, but at least I was still able to access your show on the HGTV website and though could not view the videos because of my slow dial up, I did print off some of my favorites. You take care now and have a speedy recovery. God bless, Verna Angerhofer

Warren 04-16-2008 07:13 AM

Some members wanted to send a letter to Carol. To protect her privacy I said that letters could be mailed to me and I would forward a pack of them to Carol. To date I have received only two, so if you plan to write, please send them on to Dee's studio at 34231 Camino Capistrano, Suite 202, Capistrano Beach, CA 92624.

Thanks.

glittery night owl 04-16-2008 07:18 AM

I must have missed this thread :eek: , thank you Warren for bring it back,
lacieluv

SandDollar 04-16-2008 08:00 AM

How could I have missed this also??!! Thanks, Warren...so glad I caught this. Will be mailing you cards for Carol!!
Carol, wishing you a speedy recovery, full of even better health! Nothing is too good for the Queen of Crafts! Hugs, Sandi

Warren 04-27-2008 05:26 PM

Hey Gang,

You asked for a conduit to be able to send cards to Carol to make her feel better in her recuperation and to tell her how you appreciate her 60+ years of creating enthusiam for crafts including stamping. To protect her privacy I said you could send cards to me and I would forward them to her in a packet. To date I have 2 lettters and that is embarrassing. I know we can do better and we don't want to wait much longer to send them to her. If you wanted to send a card, this is the time.

I will send what I have next Monday, June 2.

stampire 04-27-2008 05:30 PM

I just saw an eposode the other day! I was surprised to see it and I saw it and immediately set it to record every episode. I was really happy it's back even if it is reruns. I'm sure I missed a bunch when they were new. :D

Warren 04-27-2008 08:10 PM

Stampire! Jil! So good to see that you are back. You were missed and we hope you and yours are super! :)

KVM 04-28-2008 05:22 AM

Greetings!

Hi Jil! :)

Warren, there might be others who feel as I do: I'm intimidated. Carol has held cards from the best of the best (including herself!) in her own two beautiful hands. How can I presume to send her a card?

But I do wish to send greetings and good wishes to her, so I will endeavor to overcome my awkwardness and send you a message for her.

Warren 04-28-2008 10:30 AM

Good KVM (Kathy). Carol has seen all kinds of cards. It is the sentiment and showing that you care. She is a lovely lady. Thank you for thinking of her.

And you, too, Kaybee in your comment below. :)

kaybee 04-30-2008 06:13 AM

Warren,
Since I have stayed away the last couple of months this is the fist I have seen this thread. I do wish Carol a speedy recovery ( hopefully by this time she is well on her way) and will be sending a card. I know that it is kind of late but I know that when I was ill I appreciated the cards that some people continued to send well into my recovery stage as most people stop sending after the first week or so.Since I live in Toledo, well within the range of the Detroit TV stations I remember Carol from many years back and feel as though I know her. I will check out the HGTV listings so that I can tape the shows and watch again.
Kay

KVM 05-01-2008 09:16 AM

Greetings!

It's on it's way to you Warren. I wrote a letter instead of an actual card. Please feel free to read it.

Thanks again for this opportunity :)

Warren 05-01-2008 10:58 AM

Very good Kaybee and KVM. I will leave it for Carol to read KVM. Have a great day, both of you.

vangerhofer 05-01-2008 11:18 AM

Hopefully mine arrives on time to be shipped with the others. If the snail mail is working right, it should...so look for mine too.. Hugs, Verna

SandDollar 05-01-2008 01:46 PM

Me too...sorry it took so long...a memory lapse; Mine is in the mail today,Warren and thanks again!

Warren 05-05-2008 07:43 PM

Today Dee received in her studio cards in envelopes from Verna, Kathy (KVM) and S. Longworth. Is that SandDollar? We now have 5 and Carol will love getting them. Thanks!!

linda beyer 05-06-2008 12:55 AM

thanks for letting us know about her surgery. i speak from experience when i say it just takes time to get back on your feet after knee surgery.

i saw carols book at micheals in hardback form. it would be something to use your coupons on.

vangerhofer 05-06-2008 12:37 PM

I am glad to hear the card arrived..but took longer than I had anticipated to get there. Sorry about that. Hugs, Verna

kaybee 05-06-2008 07:55 PM

I do hope that you have also recieved my card. I like to think of Carol opening a package with a lot of cards and to see how much we all care.
Kay

Warren 11-10-2008 10:08 AM

For Carol Duvall fans who love her as we do......

I am not sure if the Carol Duvall Show is still on HGTV or DIY as reruns. For 56 years she was on the air, usually queen of crafting.

I called her today to see how she is doing and she says that she feels great and she certainly sounds that way too. In retirement, she's doing everything she has wanted to do and she says that she loves it.

She loved getting cards from club members and enjoyed interacting with Club Posh members in the discussion forums.

Footsie180 11-10-2008 11:38 AM

Thanks for the update on Carol! It is good to know that she is in good health. I sure do miss her though! I think I have everyone of her shows that are related to stamping on a VHS.