Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamps Stamps Stamps > New Duets on EZ Mount

View Poll Results: Should the popular Duet stamps be made also in a smaller size?
I would prefer Duets in a smaller size besides the present size. 89 70.08%
I might prefer them smaller. I am not sure. 24 18.90%
Please keep them as they are. 14 11.02%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to sarebear Send a message via Yahoo to sarebear
Reply to RitaFZ's post on 9/29

I can't picture what you mean; is there anyway you could post a sample? I understand if the detailed beehive you stamped isn't Posh and so can't post it, or don't have a scanner, etc! I'm just trying to picture what you did!

Sare
Old 10-21-2002
Super Contributor!

I have another suggestion ... I would like to see a second small butterfly positioned in the opposite direction. Often I've wanted to make a card using this butterfly alone and you can't use it alone if you want to have a couple of butterflies facing each other.
Old 10-21-2002
Proud to be British

Quote:
Originally posted by lovetostamp
I have another suggestion ... I would like to see a second small butterfly positioned in the opposite direction. Often I've wanted to make a card using this butterfly alone and you can't use it alone if you want to have a couple of butterflies facing each other.
I would say a big YES to any new POSh stamps, but remember you can nearly double your stamp collection by stamping any image onto a plain piece of rubber ( like a shadow stamp). If you work quickly while the ink is still moist ( breath on it , that helps) and you will then have a reversed image.

Stamping hugs
Old 10-21-2002
Administrator

Smile Good point. It works!

Yes, stamp on a plain piece of rubber (or a plain, blank stamp made for that purpose...maybe we should have one made to sell...I'll suggest it) and you can reverse any image.
Thank you, Designer Joan!
Old 10-21-2002
Super Contributor!

or a brayer works too!

Ink up your stamp, run a brayer over it, and then roll onto your project. But you have less control where your reversed image shows up this way. A tip I read once, whether you stamp on a blank solid type stamp to reverse it, or use the brayer, is if you are using both directions of the image on a project, stamp the reversed one on the project first, and then using the stamp the regular way, where you have more control over it, you can then place your second, original direction image easier. For all I know I read this in one of Dee's books, I don't know, lol! Sare
Old 10-21-2002
Super Contributor!

Reversed image tip

Joan,

Thanks for the great tip about reversing the image! I've not heard that before and will sure try it!
Old 10-21-2002
Proud to be British

Re: Reversed image tip

Quote:
Originally posted by lovetostamp
Joan,

Thanks for the great tip about reversing the image! I've not heard that before and will sure try it!
You are more than welcome Daylene:-) Happy to help in anyway.
Give my love to Illinois and all at Cottage Corner
Old 10-21-2002
Proud to be British

Thumbs up Re: Good point. It works!

Quote:
Originally posted by Warren
Yes, stamp on a plain piece of rubber (or a plain, blank stamp made for that purpose...maybe we should have one made to sell...I'll suggest it) and you can reverse any image.
Thank you, Designer Joan!
Happy to help........after all the more we can use our POSH stamps the better it is:-) A plain blank stamp just for this purpose sounds good to me
Old 10-22-2002
Contributing Member

To Sarebear,
Sorry I haven't answered your question sooner but I haven't been on the board lately.
What I did was stamped a detailed bee hive. then on top of that stamped image stamped
the outline stamp of the bee duet. Then just color in the parts of the bee hive that are inside
the bee. Leave the rest just back and white.
I've tried to post art work before but it didn't work but I'll give it another try.
But can we post art work that uses another artist's stamps along with Dee's ?
Rita
Old 10-22-2002
Super Contributor!

thanks!

no, you can't post if one of the stamps isn't posh, I don't think. BUT your new description really helped me visualize it! It's kinda like the spotlight technique in one of this last year's issues of Stamping Arts and Crafts! Thanks for re-explaining it for me!

Sare
Old 10-26-2002
Contributing Member

I work small too so I hope smaller duets do come to be. There were too many responses to look through here and hopefully I'm not repeating someone's suggestion but I would love to see script duets - Thank You, Happy Birthday, What? etc - also in smaller sizes of course.

Also, wish Posh made vertical greetings. And wouldn't a duet vertical greeting make a great instant border not to mention bookmarks? These are hard to find and the ones that are out there are not particularly my style. So far I've only been able to find one that I really liked.

Chi Mitchell
Old 11-24-2002
Super Contributor!

yes greetings too!

good ideas! it's been such a long time since this thread was started, I wonder if early in the new year (gasp it's almost 2003!) it might bring some news of smaller and or new duets!

and what other new dealies Posh might have up it's sleeves!

This year brought new videos/and posh's first ever DVD's (if they aren't first in the industry w/instructional DVD's then it's by golly a photo finish as to who is), Poshtels, new stamp designs of which of course I'm partial to the strawberry duet and the dolphin (which I don't have yet but other projects took priority as to what stamps I need first), yummy papers that I'm dying to see samples used of the diamond dust rainbow ones, and the parchlucent duet ones, and i think there were some parchlucent rainbow ones to match the diamond dust?

Heck I can't go into it all but just SO much stuff it makes me think next year how can they top this one but I bet they'll think up neat stuff.

anyway, I was starting to reflect on the last year and thought gosh (ok so I'm corny), I bet there's tons of neat new stuff coming up next year! (including smaller duets I hope, hee!)

sare
Old 12-24-2003

Thumbs up smaller duets

I would love to see smaller duets in other designs especially Fruits and Flowers and back ground shapes with words, example a solid square or circle with sying o words .
ink stamp withink from pad then tap it oncebefore you stamp it on paper,( dirty stamp ) then dark ink the words........
NICE
Old 12-25-2003
Super Contributor!

i would like to see them smaller also. not every flower in a garden is the same size.
Old 12-25-2003
Administrator

Thank you for your warm reception of smaller duets!

At this time, Dee uses mostly clear stamps for all of her stamping, and uses clears exclusively for Duets, as they enable precise placement of the second image over the first.

Also, we notice that in the current poll (Dec. 2003) that clear stamps are leading the pack with the Question "Will your probable future purchases be fully mounted rubber stamps, unmounted rubber stamps, clear stamps or sheets of rubber stamps you could cut out for yourself?"

LOOK FOR MORE SMALLER DUETS COMING OUT IN CLEAR STAMP FORM IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

We have read your posts, tried to listen and hope you will like them. Now, we'll see how well they are received.