Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

It's really hot here too. Really muggy. I think it's frying my brain. I've had weird headaches since the heat started. I haven't felt like stamping because of it. Hopefully I'll get used to it. We have many more months ahead with even hotter temps.
Good to see you Amy! Glad your business in doing good. If you have to have an excuse to not stamp, that would be it! JIL
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

This past Sunday, the youth of the church had an auction to raise funds for their mission thip this July. I usually do not bid on things, but give a donation. Well, this Sunday there was a large round basket that was filled with stamping things. I checked it out and I did not already have many of the things. So I made a bid and actually won it. Serendipity! It had quality card stock, papers, four stamp sets, a great pair of scissors, hand made cards by the donor. All in all, it was a great collection. I even put a towel into the lg. round basket as a bed in my stamping room for kitty. She has discovered it and is in it whenever I am stamping or am on the computer.

Ann
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

i ordered two grab bags from sunday international. i got a lot of posh individual stamps. each bag was different and they were ones i didn't have in easy mount.
they were 15 dollars each and had 50 dollars worth of stamps. i felt like it was christmas.

Last edited by linda beyer; 05-05-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-05-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Jil, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are better soon. Maryland usually has summer temps in April, but we only actually had a few day of upper 80s-90. Its actually been more spring-like.

Ann, nice win! Our youth here do a similar auction every spring called the "ShareFair". Its a wonderful fundraiser...I will have to think of donating a "get started stamping basket" next year!

Hi Amy! Its great to hear you are well. Check in when you can.

Off to get the kids started in school...
Old 05-05-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom
Leslie, look who found her way back. Nice to see you my friend. CACANOT always made my day and I was always guaranteed a smile....the flower child

I have not posted anything on this thread yet, but I have read every post. Some very interesting things going on here. My best wishes to you all.........the flower child

Blossom:
Sending you get-well wishes so that you will have a very Happy Birthday today and, remember, if you don't feel well enough today...just celebrate on through the weekend! In honor of your birthday and comment above, guess who is making a reappearance? Good ole Cacanot (my alter ego) who has resumed her (mis)adventures in my signature line below!
Old 05-05-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Does your family also use your crafting supplies?

Well, if you have crafting supplies and other family members in the house, you are bound to have the same dilemma as me (and "Cacanot"/see my signature line below): we sometimes think we have supplies and we no longer have them because a family member has used them up! Over the years I have been crafting and my children have grown up into young adults, I have often offered my stash for various school projects, etc., quite willingly but they are also known to go and get stuff when I'm unaware of it!
I always like it when I DO have everything they need for a project, though:
the other night my son needed some fine grit sandpaper and tools to fix some photography mats (for his photography elective in college) and I had some very cool, fine sandpaper blocks (made by "Lucky Squirrel" for sanding shrink plastic) that were perfect for the job. I always like it when they ask for something and I actually HAVE it "in stock" but I don't like it when I want to use something and it just isn't there anymore!

The most favorite things "The Borrowers" in my house like to borrow are:

The Fiskars Guillotine Cutter (man, that thing needs sharpening now!)
Squishy Scissors
Sharpies
Marvy Markers
Glossy Cardstock/regular cardstock
Tape/Gluesticks/Adhesives

So, do you all have any issues with "the borrowers" in your house?
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
For all you craft and mystery reader buffs, there is a new series of crafting mysteries coming out in January 2011. Lois Winston writes a good book and I can't wait for her new series to come out. I managed to get my hands on a flyer promoting a blog that will be coming out this month with craft projects, guest authors and giveaways. No stamps or stamping products are being sold so hopefully it's all right for me to post this.

Last edited by Kathy N.; 08-09-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

Yes, Leslie. I was going to bed the other night and there on the living room floor sat my 19 yr old. He had my Carl paper cutter! Did he ask? NO! So, I politely said to him, "You have to ask to borrow my stamping stuff, remember?"
I also find that my double stick tape comes up missing and some of my stamping supply drawers miraculously open by themselves.
I don't mind if they use some of my supplies, but they should ask. Isn't that just common courtesy? Anyways... kids!

Trudy, try to be patient and take your pain meds when it is time to take them. It will get better, but it will take time. We are all thinking of you.
Hugs, DebRN
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
You ladies have to do what I do. My stuff is so disorganized that I'm the only person who can find anything.
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

i agree with kathy. the only thing different is that i can not find them for weeks. i am still finding paper in every box i open. i am try to get shelves in my up stairs closet so i can get the paper all in one or two boxes.
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

thanks for the thumbs up about the books. i think they will be a good read.
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

Nope, no one uses my stuff. Its just Tigerella and me. I've never known cats to rubber stamp. If I could teach kitty the art of stamping, I'd have many more cards to send. That is, unless she sends them to all her friends. Ha!
Old 05-05-2010
Super Contributor!

Sissors, colored pencils and markers! I have found them everywhere..........Hang in there Trudy!
Old 05-06-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via ICQ to photostamper2
Our 4 yr old great grandson is the only one that gets into my stamping stuff. I made the mistake of letting him play with my supplies. Now everytime he comes over he wants to use my supplies.
I have a special basket of stamping stuff for him but he wants to play with my stuff.
Old 05-06-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Well, my DD just left to drive to KY with her best friend(who flew in from KY on Tuesday) and her grandparents. They will be there for a few weeks and she will be driving back.
Going to miss that girl!

Kathy
, TFS about this new book coming out...my dear mom loves mysteries, I will probably get it for her when it comes out.
LOL...I am the only one who knows where my stuff is, too! The kids know to ask to *borrow or use* anything in the craft room and I show them where to return it to!