Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-09-2010
Super Contributor!

Happy Mother's day to all of you Mom's!! Happy Mother's Day to all of you that are a Mom figure to someone!! Enjoy your day Ladies!!!

Paul took me out to lunch and it was really nice, he usually doesn't do stuff like that..
Old 05-09-2010
Super Contributor!

i am just doing nothing but play today. my son and his wife fixed us dinner along with crystals mom and dad. we had a nice time. that was saturday after he got done work and i got home from my stamping class.

sunday, my daughter is sick so we won't be seeing her today. we did talk on the phone. she could barely talk so it wasn't for long.

let me tell you about my class. it was over three hours. we moved six times and made 18 cards. some of them i had to bring home unfinished but will get them done soon. we learned how to brayer the backgrounds for the secnic cards. i got one finished and then messed it up when i stamped the words upside down. i will be able to salvage some of of it for a smaller card. then i will work on the others when i find my brayers. they were put away for safe keeping.
enough for now. you will be seeing some new cards in the future.
Old 05-09-2010
Super Contributor!

That sounds so neat, Linda. I have a scrapbooking crop once a month that I enjoy so much. I really love to craft with other people. It is so much fun seeing what they are making. I learn a lot from them.
Old 05-09-2010
Angels are all around us.

Linda, that is so much fun.

We use to do that on Friday night at the Grapevine convention and in the last couple of years they have changed it. I still miss it.

Laela, do you get together with friends?? Micheal now has a monthly crop, I am looking forward to going one day, just for the fellwship and to make new friends

For Mother's Day Harold planted me 3 rose bushes and 6 shrubs for him. I like rose bushes because they bloom and bloom.
He cleaned off my patio, washed all the furniture and put down rug padding and a rub for my chair. It looks really homey.

He cleaned the house and took me out for Mexican food, my favorite, it felt so good to go somewhere
lacieluv
Old 05-10-2010
Super Contributor!

that sounds great trudy. we did not cook on sunday. ordered pizza and that is fun once in awhile. now if i could hire a gardner. doug and i aren't too good at that.
Old 05-10-2010
Super Contributor!

Lacieluv - Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. What a great gift - planting flowers and scrubs that will give you continual beauty and pleasure. I love it. Linda and Sue sounds like you were also pampered yesterday. I had a wonderful day with my family. Received a much needed new oven, a few books (I love to read), and a portable fire pit. Can't wait for the oven - it comes today! I will love using both the fire pit and oven! Will keep you updated on what new recipes I will try!

I am having my monthly stamp class on Friday night and need to get the projects created today. It is my only day off this week as I am home waiting for my oven. Also have to run out this morning for a quick meeting with my daughters Guidance Counsler to talk about colleges!
Old 05-10-2010
Binder of Broken Hearts

Best Mother's Day Present

My little Lizzy (2 years Old) whose father was killed in Iraq) is a "critter person" just like her father. Last month she had a pet worm and then a pet snake. Fortunately, both werer returned to their natural environment. On Mother's Day Lizzy was able to catch a bullfrog, which she proudly presented to her mother for Mother's Day.

Erin and Lizzy now live in Michigan and their property has woods and slopes down to a pond. This provides a lot of territory for a little critter person to search out treasures.

Bonnie
Old 05-10-2010
Super Contributor!

lizzy sounds like a beautiful little girl and i know she gives you great pleasure. you would never catch my kids catching snakes and frogs.
Old 05-10-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Happy Mother's Day(late...sorry!)!

Bonnie, so wonderful to see the outdoors through the eyes of a 2yo! So happy to hear you got to visit with her...must have been a blessing to have her there.

We had a busy day with church and then came home and the guys fixed me lunch!
Had a wee nap, got up and made a bday card for a dear friend's 50th birthday party/Mothers day party yesterday evening. It was a beautifully cool day here in MD yesterday...enjoyed my day. Made phone calls to my mom and MIL and my DD called me from KY.(where she is visiting her best friend through this Sunday)

Just paid bills...(groan! ) and am catching up here, then I need to get laundry started. Started cleaning off my table yesterday...its a mess!
I need to get 25 photos picked our for DD's grad party, so need to do that today(due on Weds!). A dear friend is making a video presentation for all the grads with song mixed in.
The song we picked is "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris....you can search it on YouTube. Its beautiful!
Old 05-10-2010

My Mothers Day celebration continued today. The roses Harold planted started blooming and they are a bright red, WOOO_HOOOO and yahoooo

Then I received a card from both my sons and one had alrady mailed one I had received. He wanted me to have a card before Mothers day and one after Mothers Day.

They bought the cards
Trudy
Old 05-11-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

The holidays are still difficult for me. My husbands fever finally broke on saturday and he is feeling so much better. Just our luck as he was getting sick they recalled Tylenol and a few other drugs. I don't care what they say there is nothing like tylenol for fever and when you don't have it available you just pray extra hard and lots of cool cloths on his forehead and of course my giving him a tender kiss on the forehead every once in a while. Thanks to all of you you have kept us in your thoughts and prayers.....the flower child

PS now to find the can of Lysol
Old 05-11-2010

I did not know they recalled Tylenol when did this happen??
lacieluv
Old 05-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Don't panic yet Trudy! They recalled CHILDREN'S Benadryl,Motrin,Tylenol,Tylenol Plus and Zyrtec. They said that the ingredients/amounts of weren't up to par with what they should be.I think all of the adult meds. are ok.
Old 05-11-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Not in the drug stores here where I live they took them all off the shelves......the flower child
Old 05-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Hi Lois I haven't seen our shelves in the local stores yet, so maybe they have been removed here also.I guess I had better check! Thanks for the heads up!