Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Suggestion Box

Old 11-28-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
Quick Little Gifts

Everybody at some time can use a quick little gift for a teacher, co-worker or friend. If you have any ideas for such a gift, please share it here.

For the gals in the school office, I like to make a little gift. One of my fave gifts is a set of five notecards. I buy those little gift bags that are mini's of the big ones with the cording handles. I pick designs that I know I have stamps to match. Then I stamp up the notecards, put them in the gift bag with a pen and put the whole thing in a cellophane bag and tie it with a pretty ribbon. Teachers like these for writing notes to parents and thank-you notes to students.
Old 11-28-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Great idea KathyNan. Also you can make post it note holders and attach a pen to that too. The post it notes come in so many sizes these days. Everyone can use a piece of paper to write a note on or a phone number. Post it notes are also used for for masking techniques. Great topic KathyNan.......the flower child
Old 11-28-2010
Super Contributor!

I made some popcorn bag sleeves out of cardstock that were pretty cute. I just made a sleeve to match the size of the bag of popcorn from top to bottom and then wide enough to wrap around it and overlap enough to glue or tap it shut. The bag just slides in the sleeve. Then you just decorate the front of the "package" with anything you want. I wrapped a band around it and then stamped different things to put on the front such as ornaments, angels, and sentiments.

These little gifts are good for Sunday school teachers, postmen (I just put the gift in the mailbox on Christmas Eve) and for the trash pickup men. Just a little thank you that means a lot.
Old 12-03-2010

In years past, when I wanted to give the department managers something but didn't have time to shop for gifts, I made "Thank you" cards that I wrapped and gave them.

Served the purpose of thanking them for all they do to make the workplace a good place to be and also helped them with thank you notes they were going to send out.

Donna
Old 12-03-2010
Super Contributor!

Great idea! Little foldover note card(the size of a place card) with their own little envelopes would be good too! Everyone loves handmade cards! Like Blossom , I also like to make Post-It note holders.They are so much nicer than just the little pad by itself. I like little square(maybe 1 1/2" x1 1/2 ") giftcards.You can make such cute ones with so little effort!
Old 12-04-2010
Super Contributor!

these are good ideas. you could make them tags for gifts. i follow tim holtz 12 tags of christmas on his blog and he has great ideas. wish i could just sit down and wip out something beautiful. it takes me awhile to think of something to stamp
Old 12-04-2010
stampedinhisimage

I recently made covers for the square post it notes for some of my friends at work and they LOVED them. I have been asked for more, they offered to pay me to make them. You see at work when a post it notepad leaves a desk, it never returns and it can't be identified either because they all look alike. The ones I make with covers don't leave because the culprit will be found out unless they take it home, which is another problem.

It is fun to buy different colors of post it notepads and buy special 12 X 12 papers to coordinate with them. People who receive them are so appreciative and think I'm brilliant; which doesn't hurt.
Old 12-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Boutique Gifts

For months, I've been creating a set of 5 cards with envelopes and tied with ribbons for a gift packet. My church had a boutique and I sold 50 sets to raise money and the church benefits from the sale. I was one of many crafters making items to sell as Christmas gifts this year. Next year, I may want to make those Tim Holtz Christmas tags, but it might take me a year to do it!
Old 12-12-2010
Super Contributor!

That's a great idea. I have millions (I exaggerate some) of cards I make ahead so I will always have something to send. Usually tho, I end up making another one to send that is personalized. I like the idea of making pkgs. of five cards to give as gifts. I could also do that for the youth group at church when they have their auction to raise money for their mission trip this summer. Thanks MickeyB.
Old 06-18-2011
Super Contributor!

Mickey, that is alot of sets! Amazing.
Old 06-18-2011
Super Contributor!

To Diana Jones, (post it note covers)Great idea and it doesn't hurt to be a little brilliant either!
Old 06-18-2011
Super Contributor!

I'd like to see more ideas added to this thread, especially thoughts from the new members!
Old 06-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Not a new member, but I'll chime in! I like to give bookmarks and/or doorhangers, or I'll cover a nicely shaped box with pretty paper and decorate it - I included a pincushion, measuring tape, etc for my mother in law, but you could tailor the contents (if any) to the recipient.
Old 06-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Great, Amy, Always love your ideas.
Old 06-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Amy, thanks for your post. I always love your ideas. Susan