Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Stamp Challenges

Old 09-18-2015
Super Contributor!

I need to get my geli plate out and do some more with it. I will look up some videos because it seems they are doing more with it. Thanks for the tip.

Stampwilly
Old 09-18-2015
Super Contributor!

Thanks Terri! Still haven't bought any Gelli plates, but I will and will let you know what I think. They look fun! I think it is something I can do with my grandson who is 3! He likes to play with art things that I have for him.I even let him paint on his livingroom windows with the window markers that wash off.He loved it!!
Old 10-21-2015
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

I do a little but I'm more into mini albums. I joined a co-op here in town and sold one of them the first day. They do take a lot of time.
Old 10-21-2015
yankee

Loosluck, do you have pictures of your albums? I would love to see one.

I have done gelli printing, so much fun.
I made a card and ATC with a black and white simple print.

Last edited by yankee; 11-20-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-21-2015
Super Moderator

That's great Sheila. Thanks for sharing. I' m still working on mine. Isn't the gelli plate fun. You never know what you might get! Sometimes I do one and I think I will never use that but it always seems to get used in my artwork. I will show one I did later that was this way and it turned out to be the perfect background. Alright who is next to share a gelli print or art journal page?
Old 10-21-2015
Super Moderator

Oh by the way Julie I do think that would be great to share with your 3 yr old grandson .

And also Mary please do show us your journal if you have photos
Old 10-21-2015
Administrator

Hummm, I was thinking about whether or not I had a Journal to share. At first I thought, I need to make one. But then again, if I did this, it might be another year before I get "aroundtoit!" After pondering a bit, I remembered...I have this. I took a mini "Lab Notebook" and covered it with one of my decorated MicaGlossed postcards. I Diamond Glazed the penguin so he popped off the page and used a gigantic ZigZag ribbon as the binding for the spine. It's been in my purse since 2010...surprisingly several years of wear and tear, which you can see along the edges. Not bad for durability. Hee hee. I'm not sure about the definition of an Art Journal...I might have goofed here, because the art is on the outside. The inside is where I kept notes: what we ordered at a new restaurant in a different city, what groceries I wanted, design ideas, color schemes, etc. It's all scribbly writing...no sketches or stuff. Hummmm, I think I gotta get another "aroundtoit" and work on a real Art Journal. I love seeing everyone else's. GREAT fun everyone.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2015
Super Moderator

I think an art journal can be many things. Some people do art inside and some use it as you do Judi for sketches and for notes and some people use it for trying out new techniques.
And since you travel so much what a great way to keep up with new places you enjoy. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-23-2015
Super Moderator

I have one more page to finish in my mini album and then I will post some of the pages.
Old 10-23-2015
Super Moderator

Looking forward to it Mary.
Old 10-23-2015
Super Moderator

Art journal page with gelli print I thought I would never use.

Here is the gelli print I thought I would never use. But it worked perfectly for this image I cut out of a "Skirt" insert. I use to enjoy this small paper but haven't seen it published in quite a while. I thought the triangle's in my gelli print reflected nicely on the triangle's in her skirt and circles in the print picked up the circles in the background paper. Also to get the image to fit I had to adhere her from corner to corner. Then the paper would not fit so I cut corners off and continued with the triangle theme and tried to make the page look like it was breaking apart. I really like the way it turned out.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2015
yankee

Great no TerriO, love the layout.
What size is your journal?
What brand is the journal?
What kind of paper is in it?
Old 10-24-2015
yankee

I hate this I-pad sometimes when it changes the words. I said Great Job, why it changed it into no, I do not know . Sorry TerriO
Old 10-25-2015
Super Moderator

Art journal

Sheila, the art journal I work in is approximately 9" x 12". I do not know the brand name. I found it at Michaels on the clearance aisle. I had wanted to try and make a journal so I thought this was a good starting point. The pages already looked liked scrapbook paper and had a nice heavy quality about them. The only marking was on the cover in the upper right-hand corner was ,"get creative" and in the bottom left-hand corner was a sketch of a camera. I have worked in some of the background paper as I did on the last layout posted (added color on some of the existing circles) but on others I have painted to a solid color to work on. Some of them are very colorful to say the least. Hope this answers your questions. And thanks for the kind comments.