Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Stamp Challenges

Old 01-06-2013
Super Contributor!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosluck View Post
Sharon. Thanks for the quick reply. I got it now am already working on my presentations. Judi is special to me and I want to do her proud if I can. This is going to be fun and a little daunting all at the same. Time. M
Well said, Loosy!

I'm mostly going to have to go with (older) Posh images. The 'daunting' part for me will be dealing with their solid shapes, but (as I shared on our Chat Thread) I have some ideas.

The really 'good news' is that I found my fave Posh stamp--the dragon! Gonna concentrate on him for making my first project.

Since this is going to be a group effort--if not an actual collaboration-I see no reason why we can't use this thread to share ideas & solicit suggestions for ways to help us as we create our pieces. For instance...

Faded color. Do any of you have a fave way to create faded colors when the ink is not already a faded one?

One way I've found--especially with more-solid images is to use the 2nd or 3rd generation of the stamped image. Not only does it 'fade' brighter colors, but also allows me to stamp details on the image.
Old 01-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Talking

Another thing I'm working at is finding ways to add more detail to my Posh stamps without actually altering the stamp physically.

Any tips of ways you've used in the past?
Old 01-07-2013
Administrator

Some technique thoughts in prep for Magazine Contribution.

Hi Daniel. One way we "fade" a stamped design is to use a Color Duster to lightly apply ink to the more solid stamps. This gives a faded appearance and helps with a more even coverage of ink.

Re: Ways to add more detail... I don't know if I'm interpreting your question correctly. Is this Heart card kinda what you mean? If yes, I took a solid design (the Heart) and stamped it with dye ink in Pale Violet. Clean off the stamp and let it dry completely. Then stamp a background pattern image on the dry solid heart stamp with pigment ink. Stamp this over the Pale Violet heart (if needed use a stamp positioner). This technique has been labeled as "kissing" but we added the additional step of double stamping. Finally the heart was embossed with Opaque White embossing powder.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Tanx for the tips & examples, Judi! BTW? I love that dragon! I could see it being used in the heart to create a tangle of them.

Yes. The pattern added to the heart is what I'm talking about. What's going to be tricky with some of the Posh for this is that they do already have 'detail' & I don't want to lose that when I add pattern. I have some ideas about tackling that aspect, but I'll try them before I share.
Old 01-08-2013
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

What about embossing folders. They also pick up Colorado well too.
Old 01-11-2013
Super Contributor!

Talking

Quote:
What about embossing folders. They also pick up Colorado well too.
LOL, Loosy! Where in Colorado do you pick up your EFs?

Pleased to say I've gotten a start on making a piece for the submission! So far it's going well, but now I have to proceed a bit more slowly on it. It has lots of 'ways I can go' & I'd prefer not to 'screw it up at this point'. KWIM?
Old 01-11-2013
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Did I Say Colarado???? I hate this auto word placement. Did you get a good laugh. I hope so.... I did .... hope you got the idea tho.
Old 01-12-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Did I Say Colarado???? I hate this auto word placement. Did you get a good laugh. I hope so.... I did .... hope you got the idea tho.
Yee Haw, Loosey! Got the idea & the chuckle. Thanx for both.

As I've shared, my first project is coming along. For it I'm attacking the 'ephemera' aspect. Instead of using actual ephemera--photo, etc.--I'm making an ephemera piece of my own. So far I'm finding the sepia & faded/aged color suggestions useful in its creation.

Thing I'm finding trickiest at this point is employing the theme (Friendship) without needing to resort to sentiment stamps or written words. Thinking I can address that aspect in my project commentary tho'.

Haven't reached the stage where 'foof' (LOL, Sherminator) is a major factor yet.
Old 01-12-2013
Super Contributor!

making progress

I've been looking at a table full of materials for about 3 weeks now. FINALLY got a start on putting some cards together today for the submission. I used photocopies of old photos that I've been collecting on Pinterest (see my board under the name Sharon Acton -- pics are under "cool pics" board -- help yourself to any!) I made 4 cards this evening, and will try to do a few more tomorrow. A couple need tweaking, but I'm rather pleased. Waiting on some Judikins stamps I ordered last week to arrive so I can play with some other ideas. Shall I post my attempts so far, or is this not good for others' creativity?
Old 01-13-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
...Shall I post my attempts so far, or is this not good for others' creativity?
Go for it 'Sherm'. I'm always interested in seeing what others do when tackling a challenge.
Old 01-13-2013
Super Contributor!

I say post what you have made. I would like to see what everyone is doing! I have 2 cards made. I might make a couple more.

Stampwilly
Old 01-14-2013
Super Contributor!

Talking

Took a break from my 1st submit. Glad I did. Think I see where to go with it now!
Old 01-15-2013
Super Contributor!

I'm going into the office tomorrow, and will take what I've got so far to scan and then send.

Sharon
Old 01-16-2013
Super Contributor!

okay, here are 3 cards I've made, but only 1 is finished (the 2 ladies), the other needs a message (still thinking...), and the third one needs a different message and a different (less drab) cardstock color. I'll reposition and maybe emboss the heart so it shows up better. I've printed out some other old photos to work on this weekend. I also hope to receive my stamp order from Judikins in the next few days, as most of the Judi/Posh stamps I have are not quite right for the theme.

Here are the cards. By the way, I'm often an "outside of the box" cardmaker, which might not appeal to some folks.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2013
Super Contributor!

I like your "out of the box" cards. I really like the "promise" cards. Good work. I'm planning on using an old picture of me and two of my friends playing dress up when we were kids. . .dolls included. That's about a hundred years ago. Ha! I know what I'm doing, but I don't yet know how I'm going to do it

Tags
magazine submission