Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Techniques & Tips

Old 03-30-2015
Super Contributor!

Smile

LOL! Graters, wire brushes & such may work to make powdered chalk, but (personally) I'm happy with just blade-scraping the chalk stick. Even a table knife's edge is sharp enough on many chalks.

Since (so far) I like putting the powder directly from the stick to the (versamarked) image, I like being able to somewhat control where it goes--especially if I'm using more than one color on the stamp image.

Thanks for all the feedback on this topic so far, pals!
Old 03-30-2015
Super Contributor!

I have one of those Mary! Good for zesting citrus and nutmeg which by the way lasts indefinitely! I have had a jar of nutmeg "nuts" since 1981 and they are still VERY fragrant. Just in case anyone wants to know Another beautiful spring day here! Birdies and butterflies abound! Hope you all are enjoying yours!
Old 03-30-2015
Super Contributor!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB.T. View Post
I have one of those Mary! Good for zesting citrus and nutmeg which by the way lasts indefinitely! I have had a jar of nutmeg "nuts" since 1981 and they are still VERY fragrant. Just in case anyone wants to know Another beautiful spring day here! Birdies and butterflies abound! Hope you all are enjoying yours!
Glad you're Spring is beautiful & your nuts are still fragrant, Julie!

Any chance we'll be seeing you do a powdered chalk piece? You can even mix some grated nutmeg in with the chalk. I'm pretty sure you have some stamps that would be 'grate' for this technique.

And... If you don't have Versamark (clear), you can use pigment ink--just takes longer for it to 'dry'.
Old 04-01-2015
Super Contributor!

It's pathetic,I know, but I have never figured out how to put cards on this site.My husband did it for me years ago , hence I have only had about 8-9 put on.I 'm terrible with the computer, which is why I've always been a lurker her :O One of these days, I will have a friend teach me.That and my craft room needs a bit of help!
Old 04-01-2015
Super Contributor!

Quote:
It's pathetic,I know, but I have never figured out how to put cards on this site.My husband did it for me years ago , hence I have only had about 8-9 put on.I 'm terrible with the computer, which is why I've always been a lurker her :O One of these days, I will have a friend teach me.That and my craft room needs a bit of help!
LOL, Julie. You are definitely not a Lurker! Don't sweat the uploading. I know other CPs would be thrilled to upload for you & send you an address to send them your creations. Most will even want to return your pieces to you if you have plans for them. BTDT, pal.

So... I hope you'll give doing a chalked image a try & share your story with us--even if we can't 'see' what you made.
Old 04-02-2015
Super Contributor!

Thanks Daniel. I will keep this all in my pea brain and when I make something I will send it on for someone to put on the site here if I can't figure out how to do it myself!
Old 04-10-2015
Super Contributor!

Smile

While making a recent card, I used the chalk (powder) technique again. This time I used an intaglio leaf stamp on textured CS. I like the results.

The only thing I wish I had done was to add some 'pattern' to the burgandy/maroon CS. Might have been interesting to use the same stamp with just the Versamark ink to produce watermarked images of the leaf. But I can do that another time.

Last edited by Daniel; 03-09-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-10-2015
Super Contributor!

Darling! Great job coloring too! He's sooo cute and so is his pumpkin! I am going to keep that recipe as it looks yummy and I love pumpkins! Maybe a squiggly down the burgundy paper with and embossing pen and e.powder in gold?

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 04-10-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2015
Super Contributor!

Quote:
Darling! Great job coloring too! He's sooo cute and so is his pumpkin! I am going to keep that recipe as it looks yummy and I love pumpkins! Maybe a squiggly down the burgundy paper with and embossing pen and e.powder in gold?
That's a great idea, Julie. Thank you!

Yeah that recipe does sound yummy, but I wouldn't do it in glass jars. Most of us bakers don't have 7 pint jars in our stash! The recipe reminds me of when our family used to visit a restaurant called 'Country Cupboard'.

In the Fall/Winter they did pumkin muffins as part of their 'bread baskets'. Mom was a huge fan of their Ham Steak dinner. I was always torn between 'broasted chicken breast' & chicken livers. The livers usually won. They were breaded & deep-fried. The outer coat always looked almost burnt (never was), but the livers were always pink & tender inside the breading.

Neat thing about the place was that it had attached shops to wander through while digesting a wonderful meal.
Old 04-11-2015
Super Contributor!

Hope we're all enjoying our Saturday. All the T-storms & rain completely skipped our area yesterday. Today os breezy & cool, but sunny. We should warm up a bit tomorrow.

Sis was down this morning. She worked in the backyard & got the old shed demolished--it was already in very bad shape. I continued on the enclosed backporch & am ready for a break. Not much room left in the dumpster so we'll probably call & have it picked up next week. As it stands now, we'll need one more dumpster--hopefully that should do it. What junk I'm getting now I'm bagging 'cause I can put that out for my regular trash collection.

Not mush else happening here. Might play with some crafting for a bit.

Cachya later.