Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Miscellaneous Products

Old 12-23-2010
Super Contributor!

Storing cling stamps/ez mount alternatives.

There are storage panels that keep the cling ezmount stamps in place. I have also found that certain plastics do the same and that acetate sheets eat away at the chemicals and should be avoided, but surely there are ways to store if you don't have access to those nice 3 ring binder size storage panels. I find that these cling stamps stick to mirrors and the regular plastic of cd cases. Any other suggestions.
Old 12-23-2010
Super Contributor!

I've tried all different kinds of packaging, but when the price is right I buy the panels and they are the best fit for me.It's just nice to have everything on one size of card/sheet and that they will last forever.It's neat and tidy too.Though I do have almost all of my Mostly Animals stamps in a big Land's End bag!! ONE DAY, I plan to put all of them in drawers on rollers
Old 12-25-2010
stampedinhisimage

I was storing some EZ Mount on the plastic CD cases without a paper panel and I have experienced some of the plastic damaged by the EZ Mount like acetate sheets do. I plan to put them all on panels now so I don't ruin my EZ Mount backings or the CD cases. Not all have the same damage so I think some of the cases are made differently. The trouble is that I don't know which are the damaging type so I will have to panel them all I guess.
Old 08-18-2011
stampedinhisimage

I've been watching youtube videos and see all kinds of stamps stored straight on the CD Panels. Anyone have a sure fired way to know what can be stored right on the CD itself and which need a panel? I have so many clear stamps and want to store them better but so far they are mostly in the pkgs they came unless they were the little $1.00 ones that I store in baseball card holder sleeves 9 to a page in binders. They are in huge binders and hurt my shoulders when I pick them up. Thinking about splitting them up into smaller categories but haven't yet because each time they release they have like a similar look and work well together so I keep them together.
Old 08-19-2011
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I have more EZ mount stamps than binder panels to put them on so I got a bunch of those little three drawer plastic thingies and I just throw the stamps in the drawers.
Old 08-19-2011
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Kathy, that is a fantastic idea. I was putting them in the cd cases and after a while they stick so hard you can't get them off. M
Old 08-19-2011
Super Contributor!

That's basicly what i did Kathy. The ones that do not fit in the 3 drawer thingies, go in one of the plastic shoe box standing up. Easier to find. The ones I use often are in a plastic box standing up on my stamping desk so I can get to them easier. I only have about 4 or 5 in there.
Old 08-19-2011
Angels are all around us.

I have several of the magazine clear acrlic that Dee uses to.

I do put them on boards and then store them in there and in

notebooks. I also use the binders that close from Sunday International

to,

Trudy
Old 08-20-2011
Super Contributor!

I was putting them in CD cases but then I forget about them and don't use them. I want to get some more storage cards and store them with my other stamps so I won't forget about them.
Old 08-21-2011
Angels are all around us.

That happens to me alot, I forget what stamps I have and never

found the ones I lost or misplaced either

Trudy
Old 08-21-2011
Super Contributor!

I have found the perfect way for me to store them and not forget what I have. This time I am talking about unmounted stamps. After trimming them, I stamp them into my notebook, where I have catagorized all my stamps, unm, clear, wood based, etc. I them stamp the unmounted onto an envelope, put it inside, and set them upright in a box in catagories. It works well for me. Since all my stamps are stamped in my notebook, and I look at it often, I find it easier to remember my stamps.
Old 08-21-2011
yankee

That is what I do too. I stamp every stamp into a notebook, that can go into my purse for shopping. I got sick and tired of not remembering if I already own a stamp. But storing them needs some help, I have them by holiday, birthday, hot air balloons, flowers, and words or sayings.
Old 08-22-2011
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

These are all great ideas to keep us organized and help us to know what we have. I started a catalog a few years ago but to my shame, I have not finished it. I like the idea of stamping on envelopes and filing them in a plastic box like a recipe box. M
Old 08-22-2011
Super Contributor!

I have gotten very behind in stamping in my notebook. Trudy, did you ever find the stamps that you misplaced a couple of weeks ago?
Old 08-22-2011
Pansy Lover

I feel the need to confess a stamping story here - ...I went thru my stamps and culled out some "less than favorites" and before I could change my mind I took them to the 2nd hand store...a few days later while shopping at the same store I came across some really cute stamps. I had them in my cart and was on my way to check out when I noticed some writing on the sides of the wooden blocks...which included the date and name of the original owner...Yep - I was buying back my own stuff!!! LOL And in my purse was my note book with the very images CROSSED out so I WOULDN'T buy something similar....OK - Now I feel better.

Pray for the ones waiting for life giving organs.
Pray for the families of the donors.
Pray for the surgical teams.
Pray for healing.
Pray for the "bumps in the road" following surgery.
Pray.
A~