Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Miscellaneous Products

Old 07-07-2011
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
They're not just for jewelry Trudy. You can put them on cards too. They're not all small either. Some of the samples said to use shrink plastic so they are larger and need to be shrunk down.
Old 07-07-2011
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
In case anyone is interested...I was telling Kathy I got a newsletter from
Oh My Crafts(you can Google their website) with some of those jewelry-type Sizzix dies on sale. I didn't know if I could post it or not...but if you go to their website and look up Sale I am sure you will find the Sizzix dies...
Scroll down to the middle...the coupon code:
(Coupon Code SIZZIX15 expires 7/8/11 at Midnight EDT! Coupons cannot be combined)
Old 01-03-2012
Super Contributor!

Have any of you seen the clay squishers in the Judikins Accessories Catalog? Check them out. Santa gave me two for Christmas and I am in love with them. You are supposed to run them through a pasta machine with polymer clay but I haven't done that yet. Since they are made with rubber, I heard a little voice say stamp me, stamp me. I used a clear embossing pad to ink them up, layed some black cardstock over them and then used a brayer to get the image on the cardstock. I then dusted the image with perfect pearls. Got a great impression. You get six images on a sheet for $9.00. You could cut them apart and make six separate stamps. I also used a squisher for UTEE. I inked up the design I wanted with clear embossing ink and poured UTEE on it and got a really nice embellishment piece. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll have the time to scan my pieces and post them here. Check out those clay squishers. Great designs, great price and lots of possiblities.
Old 01-03-2012
Super Contributor!

Clay Squishers? Gonna check them out! Thanks for enabling, Kathy!
Old 01-08-2012
Super Contributor!

Here is a clay squisher and some samples of what you can use with the clay squishers. Now I have to make something with the pieces. On the black cardstock (which was textured so the impression wasn't all that great) I inked the squisher with a clear embossing pad and then brushed on perfect pearls. The white cardstock I just inked with black ink. Both pieces were inked with a pad and then the cardstock was layed on the squisher and brayered to transfer the ink to the cardstock. You could also cut the designs apart and use as stamps. For the UTEE piece, I inked the gears with a clear embossing pad and then poured on the melted UTEE. After it hardened, I peeled in off and swiped with with a black permanent ink pad. There are six 2 1/2 inch designs on each squisher.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2012
Super Contributor!

Well, I guess I'll have to add some of these to my list.
Old 01-10-2012
Super Contributor!

Nedra, one of the clay squishers comes in Art Deco designs.
Old 01-14-2012
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up Zentangle Books...

When I first ran across the 'zentangle' thing & saw a few examples, my first thot was, "Wouldn't this be great with stamps?!".

Guess what? I was right! And there's a book to prove it! 'Zentangle 3'--Design Originals #3454!

Not only does it provide the basic info on how to zentangle, but also offers ideas & examples for doing ZT on stamped images--some of which are Judikins! (#2742H--Fab Dragonfly; #2589H--Blank Kimono).

The volume contains 40 Tangle patterns--all of which are built 'stroke-by-stroke'--so anyone can do them.

I'm currently going thru my Posh stamps & finding lots that will sooo work for/with ZT.
Old 01-14-2012
yankee

Thank you Daniel, I was just going to order a couple Zentangle books and didn't know which one I would like to use. But one that combines with stamping sounds like a good one.
Old 01-14-2012
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Thank you Daniel, I was just going to order a couple Zentangle books and didn't know which one I would like to use. But one that combines with stamping sounds like a good one.
You're welcome, Yankee. I also bought 'book #1' (basics). Glad I did, but #3 has all the how-tos you need to get you into doing ZT--with/without stamps. My choice is 'with', of course!

Thinking a ZT with stamping would be a fun challenge sometime.
Old 01-14-2012
Super Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
When I first ran across the 'zentangle' thing & saw a few examples, my first thot was, "Wouldn't this be great with stamps?!".

Guess what? I was right! And there's a book to prove it! 'Zentangle 3'--Design Originals #3454!

Not only does it provide the basic info on how to zentangle, but also offers ideas & examples for doing ZT on stamped images--some of which are Judikins! (#2742H--Fab Dragonfly; #2589H--Blank Kimono).

The volume contains 40 Tangle patterns--all of which are built 'stroke-by-stroke'--so anyone can do them.

I'm currently going thru my Posh stamps & finding lots that will sooo work for/with ZT.
Daniel, I can't wait to see your results. You make it sound so easy.
Old 01-14-2012
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

LOL, Susan! ZT is easy! Even more so when you combine it with stamps like Posh & Judikins.

Best advice is to pick an 'outline' stamp as your first 'ZT & stamp' piece.

Glad you're looking forward to seeing my piece, but... I hope to see yours sooner!
Old 01-14-2012
Super Contributor!

Judikins has a blank kimono is two sizes. I bet the kimono would look good zentangled. You could invent a new Japanese fabric design.
Old 01-14-2012
stampedinhisimage

Thanks for the info on zentangle books. I had never heard of this before; looks interesting!
Love this thread! I'm usually behind the times when it comes to new products or techniques because I don't go to shows or get any stamping/scrapping books or magazines.
Old 01-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy N. View Post
Judikins has a blank kimono is two sizes. I bet the kimono would look good zentangled. You could invent a new Japanese fabric design.
Kathy. The example in the book looks like a kimono in my book of kimono/kosode that I bought back in the '70s.

What I'm begining to appreciate about ZT is the way you can take 2 (or more) patterns & combine them to create a totally new one! For instance...

I can see using 'bead-by-bead' as the first ZT pattern & decorate the beads with 'yincut'. Both patterns are in the book.

Diana. I'm in your boat with mags & such. That's one reason I appreciate the sharing we do here @ CP.