Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Miscellaneous Products

Old 07-09-2011
Contributing Member

Markers/Colored Pencils

First I would like to congratulate looseluck on becoming our new moderator. In viewing your gallery, I see that you are very artistic and use your coloring/painting techniques very effectively. I am new to stamping and have purchased a few copic markers. I would like to know what type of markers/colored pencils, etc... everyone recommends.
Old 07-09-2011
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I don't use markers all that much, but when I do I like Marvvy markers. For pencils I use Derwent in both water color and regular pencils.
Old 07-09-2011
Angels are all around us.

I really like the marvy markers and use them alot

Alot of people use the Copics and there are several places that sell

them online. Hobby Lobby is to high on their prices for them

Trudy
Old 07-09-2011
Super Contributor!

my main stay product i use all the time with my stamping is my watercolour pencils i teach classes run workshops and they are vital for my work . I have used many products and some are better than others, if you are new buy the best you can afford and slowly build up your product collection.I dont have copics i know they are expensive but for posh images most people use markers usually marvys, their are cheaper alternatives and brush markers by other companies too.
I would say colouring pencils and watercolour pencils choose wisely i believe a lot of American crafters use prisma color, i use Caron Dache expensive they are a swiss product but rich pigments in their pencils either colouring or watercolouring pencils. I think you would have to order them in America i dont think they are in stores the internet will be the best place to buy these.
Supra color in the red tin is the most expensive but the best and willl last 15 plus years ,classicolour in the dark blue tin is mid price ranged is good and more affordable.
As good a s copics are a tin of colouring pencils and Watercolour pencils will pay for themselves over and over again and you will have them many years.
good luck in your search for new products.
Old 07-10-2011
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
I have Marveys, but my set was getting old, so I found a few videos on YouTube about Faber-Castell products. I like what I saw and ordered Faber-Castell Markers and their water color pencils. I am new to water color pencils.
Andrew, do you do You Tube videos, perhaps?

I also have a collection of Copics that I color images with...they do blend nicely. (TONS of videos on YT for Copics)
Oozak.com has the best prices on Copics.(free shipping for over $50)
Old 07-10-2011

Better prices than scrap-mart??

Trudy
Old 07-10-2011
Super Contributor!

jeanne sadly i dont have any videos made on You Tube but i will try my hardest to make some cards soon with only Posh images. I will have to send them to maybe Kathy i shall have to ask her kindly so i can get her address to post them off, then maybe i might have a Gallery again with some new work in. maybe then the original artwork could be used in swaps it is so hard me living in the UK to participate due to time factors.
Old 07-10-2011

I am looking forward to seeing your cards Andrew,

Trudy
Old 07-10-2011
Super Contributor!

I mainly use Copics. Love them. They are expensive, but I have bought them a few at a time over the past several years. I also like Tombo, LePlume, and Marvy. When I use colored pencils I use Prismacolor. I have the whole set, started back in the late 50's when I was a teen. My two year old brother decided to push them all through a hole in the attic. Mom and Dad were "thrilled," cause they had to buy me a whole set again. I still have the original set, and have added new colors as they came out. Now I have the 120 set. I still kid my brother about it. I imagine they are still in the attic sub floor, melted no doubt by this time. I also have a set of water color pencils and a set of wc crayons which I use as well.
Old 07-10-2011
late night stamping membe

I am a marker fanatic. I love the bright colors rather than lighter intensity of pencils...so I usually do use markers. I have so many I am sure that it's a sin...but oh well, it's a colorful sin. I have Marvy's Tombows and my favorite are of course the copic....but who can afford all of those. Thanks, JEANNELEE for the tip on Oozak...I'll be checking in there.
Old 07-11-2011
homeschmomof4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittery night owl View Post
Better prices than scrap-mart??

Trudy
Trudy, looks to be the same price $4.87(Sketch is what I buy)...same FREE shipping with $50+, BUT if you register on OOzak, the price drops to $4.15.
Have you ordered from Scrapmart before?

Andrew, I remembered you were from across the big pond, would love to see your work again! You Tube is an easy way to share your work, projects, tutorials if you have access to a digital camera. Let me know if I can help you share in any way.
Old 07-11-2011
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noemis View Post
First I would like to congratulate looseluck on becoming our new moderator. In viewing your gallery, I see that you are very artistic and use your coloring/painting techniques very effectively. I am new to stamping and have purchased a few copic markers. I would like to know what type of markers/colored pencils, etc... everyone recommends.
Thank you Noemis, My first choice is markers and I do happen to like the Marvy markers, I also use Stampin' Up markers. I just purchased the Faber'Castelle water color pencils and have not had time yet to really give them a good try. I am just starting to learn how to use the Copics and I really love them but they are very expensive. I got my first set as a gift. Now I buy only 3 at a time. What you use really depends on how they look and feel to you. Have fun trying different mediums that's what this is all about. M
Old 07-11-2011

Scrapmart is an AWSOME place to shop and on alot of item they have free

shipping. I am going to see them in Grapevine convention

Trudy
Old 07-12-2011
homeschmomof4

I have them bookmarked, Trudy, thanks for sharing about Scrapmart.
Old 07-12-2011
Super Contributor!

I also use Marvy Markers. That's not all I have, but for direct to rubber, those are what I usually use.

Andrew, anytime you need something posted, feel free to send your stuff to us!! I'd be very willing to put your art up on the boards and in the gallery. Everyone would love to see your work.