Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Miscellaneous Products

Old 02-14-2012
Super Contributor!

speaking of Gel Clings

Speaking of Gel Clings in February Challenge - Daniel; Julie;

I fell in love with these at one time. I especially liked the stained glass ones, and then discovered paint and peel where you make your own. Anyone tried these?
Old 02-14-2012
Super Contributor!

I just bought another set today at Target! Time to use them Julie and just not collect them!!!
Old 02-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB.T. View Post
I just bought another set today at Target! Time to use them Julie and just not collect them!!!
Julie, do you use them on your cards somehow?
Old 02-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph429 View Post
Speaking of Gel Clings in February Challenge - Daniel; Julie;

I fell in love with these at one time. I especially liked the stained glass ones, and then discovered paint and peel where you make your own. Anyone tried these?
I've not worked with them, Susan, but back in the mid-90s I had a paint & peel project in Pack O' Fun mag. Those used dimensional paint to do outline & fill-in on a piece of glass. Once the paint was completely cured (dried), I could peel it from the glass & it would stick to glass & ceramic.

What got me started experimenting with this was peeling leftover acrylic paints from my plastic pallete. As a stamping aside. You can paint several layers of acrylic paint on a nonstick surface. Allow each layer to dry before adding another. Once you peel off the paint piece you can stamp it with solvent ink & color with permanent ink.

Time-consuming, but 'fun' to do.
Old 02-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I've not worked with them, Susan, but back in the mid-90s I had a paint & peel project in Pack O' Fun mag. Those used dimensional paint to do outline & fill-in on a piece of glass. Once the paint was completely cured (dried), I could peel it from the glass & it would stick to glass & ceramic.

What got me started experimenting with this was peeling leftover acrylic paints from my plastic pallete. As a stamping aside. You can paint several layers of acrylic paint on a nonstick surface. Allow each layer to dry before adding another. Once you peel off the paint piece you can stamp it with solvent ink & color with permanent ink.

Time-consuming, but 'fun' to do.
Daniel, you mean you can do this with acrylic paints. That is really neat, and then stamp on it. I like that idea! Wow, double wow!
Old 02-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Talking

LOL, Susan. The short answer is, "Yes!". With rare exceptions, craft paints are plastic of one sort or t'other.

Most will stick, but not bond to smooth surfaces like glass unless they are formulated to do so.

Here's another tip... If you do about 3 layers of paint & lay a piece of tissue on the last (wet) layer, you can speed up the process.

Do another couple of paint layers & you (may) be able to punch or diecut the 'paint sandwich'.

Just thot of another way to 'thicken' the paint layers... Instead of sandwiching tissue paper, try cling wrap. Might work...
Old 02-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Haven't use them yet Susan, other than putting on windows! But , I thought you had used them to makethe heart card the in another thread daniel? One day , I plan use these as stamps for my cards.Should be fine as long as I don't press down too hard!
Old 02-15-2012
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I've used the paint and peel to make a fish and seahorse window cling and the paints do work. I used stained glass patterns and some liquid leading to trace the lines and then filled in with color. When I get a chance, I'll dig them out and post them.