Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 03-18-2015
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Can you believe it spring I seem to be getting older faster I don't know what's up with that anyway have a great day everybody love you bye
Old 03-18-2015
Super Contributor!

Talking

I hearya, Loosy! Spring starts (officially) on Friday. So our weather is predicting a chance of light snow, of course. The 'good' thing about this winter is that it doesn't appear it will hang on like last year's. That winter seemed forever since it was miserable from Nov. > Apr. This year's didn't really hit us here until Jan. Both it & Feb. were nasty week after week.

Last night was quite windy & we're in for more gusts & cold today. Normal for March, tho'.

Have to continue cleaning today, but I'm gaining some space in my room.

On the craft front... No particular plans for today. Need to see what I find in the debris that needs keeping (for now). Might spark an idea. One thing I have run across is lots of 'scrap'. These are lithographed paper that was used for decoupage, scrapbooks, cards, etc. I have lots that I got years ago in lots of categories. Some packs are semi pre-cut, but others require full fussy-cutting. What's fun is that with all the inks & stamps we have now I can do things with the scrap that wasn't easy back when I acquired it.

Hope we all had a fun St. Patrick's Day. I ordered Chinese & my 'greens' were snow peas, peppers & bok choy. LOL

Time to get a move on for me. Catchya later, pals!
Old 03-18-2015
Super Contributor!

Daniel, what else would one have for dinner on St. Patrick's Day?? I made that choice too! I wore a green sweater while I ate.
Old 03-18-2015
Super Contributor!

Corned beef and cabbage,potatoes and carrots for us! Once a year and I look forward to it every year! Forgot the green though! I do have hazel eyes so I let that count for it
80-82 yesterday here! Birdies singing this morning,blue skies and a wisp of wind in the air.We feel like we've had spring for more than a month already! I so wish we could have your snow sent our way.
Old 03-18-2015
Super Moderator

Daniel I really enjoyed your bokeh inspired piece. I think I might give that a try today.
Old 03-18-2015
Super Contributor!

Oh be quiet Julie!! LOL I stopped counting how many times I've shovelled this winter... I used to like doing it! And I wish we could send it your way!!!
I really like your menu too but was too tired after work to cook!
Old 03-18-2015
Super Contributor!

LOL Wendy! In your honor, I will plant my tomatoes today for sure! They have been sitting on my driveway for a week and are now starting to bloom.
In the ground they go today!
Old 03-18-2015
Super Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
Oh be quiet Julie!! LOL I stopped counting how many times I've shovelled this winter... I used to like doing it! And I wish we could send it your way!!!
I really like your menu too but was too tired after work to cook!
And one cannot live on just sno-cones alone, Wendy!
Old 03-19-2015
Super Contributor!

Just read in our local newspaper that our Sierra Nevada mountains only have 12% of average snow pack. We still have six weeks of spring and no rain in sight. Our spring so far, has been warmer than usual. We have enough for this summer to water the crops, just barely. My mom is planning on taking out her pretty lawn and putting in rocks or just nothing. We are thinking of doing the same. I think little pebbles in the front your would be nice. We'll see. If we don't get any measureable amount of water in the fall and winter of 2015/2016 our trees will die and crops in the central valley of Calif. will cease to exist. My mom said she is not going to think of something that may not happen, so I told her I would do the same!! Not good for my high bp anyway!
Old 03-20-2015
Super Contributor!

You got a smart mama, Julie! Real as any concerns may be--including CA's ongoing water woes--what we cannot change, we must endure. That said? With your pending landscape changes, you (& your mom) are doing your bit to conserve the precious H2O. Kudoes to you!

With Spring due to arrive later today, we're in the midst of a snowstorm. Nothing new about that around here. Looks like we might get the predicted 3" they've forecast. No biggie. 'Least it's not arctic cold & no strong winds.

Today is 'fish fry' Friday. Might just hook up the dogsled & pick up some dinners for later. The venue is just one street over so it's not a big trek.

I got a pic of my powdered chalk piece. Attached it to my post on that thread. Hope you'll check it out & maybe give it try.

Found tons of 'scrap' while cleaning out & may start a thread about it soon.

Hope we all have a good today!
Old 03-25-2015
Super Contributor!

Happy Hump Day, Y'all! Here in Berwick I'm hoping we're over the Winter Hump. Temps are moderating slowly, but that's not an unusual thing for our Spring start. Actually I prefer it to going straight from Winter to Summer. KWIM?

Current weather is cool with light rain showers. Tomorrow is supposed to hit 60+ with chance of a Thunder showers in the afternoon. 'Sok by me. Have to find my shorts & t-shirts.

Gave myself permission to take a (short) break from the cleanout & play with stamps & more. Saw a challenge to do 'faux tile' for an ATC & couldn't resist giving it a try while I still know where some of my craft stuff is. Got to use 2 Judikins items--Diamond glaze & Clear EP that I bought recently. Fun! For good measure I did 2 versions of the faux tile (with stamping). I'll share pics when I can.

Hope we're all having a decent today. I am! Later, gators!
Old 03-26-2015
Super Contributor!

Hi, Y'all!
Weather here is almost mild. Won't last, but we'll take it! Chance of rain this evening & that's ok, too.

Need to get on with more cleanout today. Don't feel like it, but gotta do what I gotta do, eh?

Hope we all have a good today & catchya later.
Old 04-01-2015
Super Moderator

Happy April fools day. I hope no one plays a bad trick on you. I seem to fall for it each year. So I must say Im a fool a fool but only on April 1st………the flower child
Old 04-01-2015
Super Moderator

Well Lois, I fell for it too. My daughter has a sick sense of humor early in the morning.
Old 04-01-2015
Super Contributor!

Smile

Good Morning CPs!

Momma Nature played her April Fool's joke on our area yesterday. She sent a pretty, but sloppy snow over the area. Should all melt between today & tomorrow.

LOL Blossom & Loosy! I've 'fooled' & 'been fooled' often over the years. Don't like mean-spirited jokes, either. But I do like a good joke, too.

BTW? I'm sure many of us know why April 1st is honored as 'Fools' Day'. No? Ok. Short history...

When the calendar was changed from the Julian to the Gregorian (the one most use today), it was decided that the year would begin on Jan. 1. The Julian calendar began the year on Apr. 1. Those celebrating the year's start on Apr. 1 after the changeover were dubbed 'April Fools'.

Not much happening here. I'm making a push to get the last of my workroom cleaned out so I can move on to cleaning out other spots in the house. Still 'stealing' time to do some crafting, tho'.

Hope we all have a terrific today. Catchya later!