Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-19-2017
Inky Fingers

Update

Thank you, Lois. I hope everyone who is or has a mother had a nice relaxing Mother's Day. We didn't have a celebration as my daughter was working (good day to sell her silver jewellery), my son is in long term care, and I was too sick to get out of bed. However, it is what it is! LOL.

I was mistaken in that the CT scan didshow that there were some spots on the peritoneal stomach lining. Also, in areas of my chest, it showed that I had an old healed sternal fracture. The only thing I could think of that could have fractured my sternum was the car accident we were in last December where the seat belt tightened like a vice over my chest and I couldn't breathe without pain or apply pressure with my arms (like turning over in bed). Apparently, fractures to that area of the body don't show up on normal x-rays so that wasn't caught when I was sent to the hospital. Anyway, it's healed now, but my chest still hurts periodically.

My diet has been changed eliminating most of the food that I like because it was felt that my stomach pains were caused by too much fibre or roughage so I've had to eliminate lettuce, cuke, celery, tomato, any vegetables with seeds like tomatoes,plus gassy veggies like broccoli, etc. etc. etc., any fruit unless it's peeled (anyone want to peel me a grape? LOL ), any vegetables with skin (like potatoes,), all raw veggies have to be peeled and well cooked, certain cereals, and on and on until there's not much left. However, I find that it has helped, so I'll keep it up until I'm told to try introducing things back one at a time to see if it has any effect.

I had my first chemo treatment with the two drugs together last Friday, and I was really debilitated! Today is the first day I've felt well enough to get out of bed and sit up for long periods of time, hence I headed straight to the computer to thank people for the swaps, birthday cards, etc.

I hope I haven't been too graphic telling you of my ailments, but I feel you are kind, understanding, friends that I can vent to once in a while.

Next chemo with the two drugs is June 1st and then the doctor will see if they have made any changes for the better. I pray that they will have. However, my doctor assured me that there are other things to try and that I shouldn't give up hope. If I continue having more treatments with those two drugs I will probably lose my hair again, but I'll just dust off my wigs and carry on!!

Thanks for listening and I hope all of you have a wonderful healthy summer!

Janet
Old 05-19-2017
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Your doctor is right Janet don't give up hope.. We are here for you and you can vent all you like. Blessings to you. Stay strong my friend.....the flower child
Old 05-19-2017
Super Contributor!

Never give up hope Janet!! We are always thinking of you and praying for you! Much love from ,Julie
Old 05-20-2017
Super Moderator

Hi sweet Julie our resident cheerleader. I've Missed you!.....the flower child
Old 05-21-2017
Super Contributor!

Thanks for sharing, Janet so we will know how to pray better for you. I do keep you in my prayers.

Hugs, April
Old 05-22-2017
Administrator

Yes Janet, hang in there...positive everything is really good for healing. Lots of prayers...and it's never TMI around here. Venting is good. And yes, hair? Hats and scarves are always verrrrrryyyyy cute!! OOXX
Old 05-27-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, thank you for giving such a full update. We all care very much about you and want to know any details you wish to share. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, as always.
Old 05-27-2017
Inky Fingers

Thank you everyone for your wonderful, uplifting, and kind remarks. I'm so glad that I belong to this group that is filled with such caring people.

Feeling better today, so trying to 'make hay while the sun shines' (mind you, it's been raining for days on end and flooding alot of houses), but today is sunny and bright, so it helps cheer everyone up.

Next chemo is this coming Thursday, so when I can I'll fill you in if the doctor feels that the drugs are working this time.

Keep smiling, keep laughing, and try to find something to enjoy in every day!!

Janet
Old 06-01-2017
Super Moderator

It is with a sad heart that I must report a death long time member Carolyn Summers has lost her battle with cancer. Those of you that have been here for awhile will remember her. Carolyn loved the craft and had a sweet disposition she certainly helped me. She saw that when people were frustrated like I often was she took the time to actually see what was holding you back and helped you.

If anyone would like to send sympathy card Debbie (DebRN) has her address you can PM Debbie here at the club.

Rest in peace my sweet friend.....the flower child
Old 06-01-2017
Super Contributor!

So sorry to hear about Carolyn. She was so sweet. Praying for her family.
Old 06-01-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, keeping you in my prayers. Thank you for the update.
Old 06-01-2017
Super Contributor!

So sad to hear the news about Carolyn.
Old 06-02-2017
Super Moderator

I'm not sure I knew her but I will say a prayer for her family.
Old 06-05-2017
Inky Fingers

Sorry that I didn't know Carolyn, but pray that she rests in peace. Condolences to her family.

Janet
Old 06-12-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, keep positive thoughts. You are in my prayers.
hugs,
Brooke