Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 08-10-2014
Super Contributor!

Wink The JOY of reworking--not 'saving'...

Having done one entry for the current recycle challenge from Loosluck, I decided to another using some of the same stamps as my first.

As I share on that thread, it was my usual 'brilliant' work until I made a 'step-too-far' & my masterpiece went south in a split second.

Undaunted, however, I decided to give a re-do the old college try. In fact, I'm not sure I don't like it better than my first attempt (prior to the fatal step).

So here's a question for us all. How do you deal with situations when a project goes south on you & you must start afresh--rather than trying to 'save' the original piece?.

I would love to see examples that allow us to see both the 'goofed' & redo. I plan to do that soon as I can, but don't wait for me. OK.

And chatting is just fine without visuals!

Last edited by Daniel; 08-11-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-10-2014
yankee

That is what layers are for!
I try and save the project, it almost goes south near the end. I try and layer over the problem. Made the dress wrong color, stamp another, cut out and layer over. Or huge error I cut it up and use the good parts and layer on new project.
Here, Hee I find it very hard to layer for beauty or color.
When I first stamped I would throw away projects when I messes up. Then my daughter bough some cards from a friend and I saw all these layers and Wow it changed my thinking.
Now it is how can I save this? Sometime it goes in a box till I can figure it out.
Old 08-10-2014
yankee

You have seen a project I reworked. I did a number of cages and trees in gesso.
When I was stamping the background on one of the cages I didn't like it.
So I cut it down to ATC size and reworked it. I sent it to the club May or June I think.
Old 08-11-2014
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

I put mine aside until I feel that I can make a good card out of it. If I still have trouble I usually throw it away unless I can save something fromit.
Old 08-11-2014
Super Contributor!

Red face

Yankee & Loosy. Thanks for the posts. They are good, but made me realize I hadn't been clear about the topic--My BAD.

I've edited my OP, but will reinforce it with this post...

Sometimes you run into situations when you must start over for any number of reasons. Should have called the thread 'Starting Over'.

In the case of my 2nd recycle entry, I was not allowed to cover the 'oopsies' by layering. The challenge says no layers.

My current re-do kept all the same stamps & a similar composition. But (apart from the 'step too far') it allowed me to do some 'tweaking' that I might not have done if the first attempt had been 'oops free'.

Personally, I love doing variations with the same images & such, but having/wanting to do a 'clean' version of a piece is--for me--a different thing.

BTW? I made a goof on the 2nd version. Fixed it without breaking the challenge requirements.
Old 08-11-2014
yankee

Daniel, you can do layers without paper. Paint over ink, stencil paste over anything.
Just a thought. What about a decorative sticker or glitter glue or ribbon or a flower, they would cover up an error, and I think still fit a challenge.
Old 08-12-2014
Super Contributor!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Daniel, you can do layers without paper. Paint over ink, stencil paste over anything...
Good point, Sheila. TFS.