Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Posh Swaps

Old 03-16-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

SWAP's

I would like to thank you for your welcoming me on becoming the new Swap mom. We will be working on a lot of things in the coming months. I will announce a new swap next week.

Just in case some of you would like to know what the future holds. I will list some of the swaps that we have to look forward to and if you would like to join the swaps and don't have supplies that you have enough notice to buy some. I know these are difficult times financially for many but most of these supplies most of us have in our stashes. I hope we all have fun and learn a lot with the swaps I know I do. Thanks for listening here is a partial list of some of the swaps and I hope you will join me. I promise it will be loads of fun and I always am so very happy when I have learned a new craft or a new technique and I know that you will be too.........the flower child

Christmas swap will continue in July and in December

Gift card holders

Tags, polished stone, distress tags with a feminine flair, holiday gift tags

Dominoes

Jewelry, we will start small and work from there [pins, necklaces]

Boxes

Card-making of course, with stamping and without stamping

ATC's, with different themes

Backgrounds all kinds

handmade embellishments.

These are some of the swaps. I'm open to suggestions. Would you like a monthly swap or 6 week swaps or every other month.
Old 03-16-2010
Super Contributor!

i think i would like it every other month. we have the bd and cotm every month.
Old 03-16-2010
Super Contributor!

how about receipes swap. include stamping on the cards.

we could have another iris folding swap. bev did a forumn on this and some bought it forward.
Old 03-16-2010
Super Contributor!

Sounds good! I also would like a recipe swap
Old 03-16-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I see some new things on your swap list Lois. Can't wait to do them.
Old 03-17-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Thanks, Lois, for posting what it coming up.
I am for every month/ bi-monthly swaps.
Old 03-17-2010
Super Contributor!

Looks like we have a lot to look forward to for swaps. Looks great! I would vote for swaps every other month as well. Thanks, DebRN
Old 03-17-2010
Super Contributor!

I am looking forward to joining some swaps this year. I think monthly would be good. Remember, not every swap will catch everyone's interest. I'd rather have more choices when it comes to swaps. JIL
Old 04-21-2010
Super Contributor!

I, too, like the idea of choice of swaps to which we participate. I don't think I could do one every month since we already have BD and COTM every month. I personally get swamped with other things I do, like BD cards for my SS class of over 100 people, usually amounts to over 30 each month, plus my personal ones, too.

They all sound good and I think you have come up with a good idea of the choices.

Virginia
Old 04-22-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Thanks for your input, not every swap will be for everyone. I joined most of the swaps to see if I could do the swap to further my crating abilities. They are fun and has let me make friends and see up-close and personal what my friends are making. You can take a picture and scan in your cards and swaps but there is nothing like holding it in your hands and seeing it up-close. I'm the curious type I have to check every detail and look under embellishments and behind eyelets touch and feel everything. I've been like that all my life, that's why I was always in some sort of trouble growing up. I just have a need to see how it works and how it was done.

I'll get off my soap box for now. I hope you will join when you can I'm going to try and peak some interest here. I'm not afraid to ask for help. There are so many talented people here at the club who I have already asked for help. For example jewelry making I know I will need some input from KathyNan who by the way is the best at jewelry making in my book and from some of our more advanced technique junkies, Jil for example who has a flair with paper and techniques wait until you see one of the ATC's that she has made in lavender it just blew me away and of course Daniel our walking encyclopedia who just seems to me to be an endless source of information on crafting and who usually just talks way over my realm of understanding, I'm sure would help if I asked him too.

What I'm trying to say is that I come up with the ideas but you the members make it fun and all I can say is that I hope you will join me in the swaps when you can. I promise it will be loads of fun and you'll never know how much fun there will be unless you are willing to just join in on the swaps............the flowerchild
Old 04-22-2010
Super Contributor!

Lois,
I'm blushing! Thanks for your kind words. You all know I'll do whatever I can to make the swaps successful. Now that I'm healty, I'm active in the swaps again.
I've been doing swaps since I found out about them through the back of the Rubberstamper magazine about 15 years ago. When I think back on my first swap, I'm still embarrased. It was a technique swap. Well, everything was new to me. My technique was Crystal Lacquer! Not really a technique, but it was to me. I can only imaging what the swap mom thought when she got my cards, but she never said a nasty word. She thanked me for participating in her swap & sent me some great cards with new techniques. I really learned from that swap & everyone after that. That's why I just love swaps. You're always learning something from having someone else's artwork in your hands. JIL
Old 04-22-2010
Super Contributor!

I agree, Jil and Lois. Swaps are a great way to "grow" your own talents. You can see what other people have done and incorporate that into your craft and then you can come up with some neat stuff on your own that others will use for their craft. I just love to get the package of swap items in the mail! It's just like Christmas!
Old 04-22-2010
Super Contributor!

Lois that is great that you challenge yourself as the swap mom and offer swaps that are even new to you! I think that is great that you will have/ask your fellow poshies to assist you in a particular swap! It is a win win situation for all of us!!
Old 04-22-2010
Super Contributor!

I agree. I join the swaps that I find interesting and that I will have the time to do my best work with. It is fun getting them in the mail. It seems that I look at them over and over again and see different things everytime. Great idea to ask certain members about their expertise. It makes the swaps more diverse and interesting. You are doing a great job, Lois. DebRN
Old 04-22-2010
Super Contributor!

Great job, Lois. When do we start???? Can't wait to get involved.

Virginia