Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 06-21-2013
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
Summertime Stamping

Do you stamp more or less in the summer? I stamp more because I'm not working and because I don't like being outside in the sun. It gives me a headache, but then just about everything gives me a headache.

Do you start your holiday stamping over the summer? I have ten Christmas cards done already and I hope to get a lot more done before I go back to work at school in September. I also like to start stamping Christmas presents.

Whether you'll be stamping or not, now that summer is here, I hope you all have a great one and aren't too busy to hang around Club Posh.
Old 06-21-2013
Super Contributor!

Since I don't do holiday cards, that's not a biggie for my Summer stamping, Kathy.

That said, I'm more apt to stamp more in cooler months, but if something catches my interest? I'll stamp regardless of the 'season' or the heat.
Old 06-21-2013
yankee

I do my Christmas cards when it is hot, so I can sit in the air conditioning. I just finished making some felt ornaments. I make some every year for my kids( even though they are grown up). It started cause my first Christmas tree was so sad with only popcorn strings and paper ups covered in alumn foil. I didn't want my kids to have that disappointment and every year since I make each an ornament and one for me. Now everyone has tons but I still do it. This year I made penguin ones, one of my grandson loves them and he gets a couple just for him.
I have only made one card, but I wasn't happy with the colors. I need to work on that!
Old 06-21-2013
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

I am a procrastinator so I usually wait until the last minute. My Christmas list has gone so far down that I usually need only 20-25 cards . I also stamp more in the summer because I can't take the heat here in SC.
Old 06-22-2013
Super Contributor!

I think my stamping is about the same throughout the year. I have been making Christmas cards each month. On another board there is a Christmas All Year challenge where each month we are given a theme for our Christmas cards and I make 5 each month. This makes it so much easier for me to get mine done and not have to rush at the last minute. I am also on a design team and I to make cards for them each month too. I guess you can call me steady Betty! LOL!

Stampwilly
Old 06-23-2013
Super Contributor!

I used to make ornaments every year for my kids too, but they didn't take them when they left so I still put them on my tree. I plan on making stamped ornaments this year. I bought the 2012 and 2011 spellbinders ornament dies and will you them as the base.

Once again my kitchen table is covered with stamping stuff because it's too hot to go out.
Old 06-23-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy N. View Post
I used to make ornaments every year for my kids too, but they didn't take them when they left so I still put them on my tree. I plan on making stamped ornaments this year. I bought the 2012 and 2011 spellbinders ornament dies and will you them as the base.

Once again my kitchen table is covered with stamping stuff because it's too hot to go out.
Now doing (stamped) ornaments sounds like fun, Kathy! Since you have dies, are you going to tackle any metal ornaments?

Amen on the 'too hot'. Next several days here are calling for H&H.

Aside from foks like 'Steady Willy', I can see where 'summer stamping' might be a chance for many to get 'ahead' for stamped items they plan to share with others--or even submit for publication.

When I did work for mag-submissions, I knew that I had to be (at least) one season ahead. Just like doing valentines in June so they could make a January issue. And that's just 'holiday' pieces.

Sometimes it was easier than others, but I always found I had to take my mind forward & imagine what others would want to do several months from the actual date of my construction.

Kathy's ornaments are a good example--although they would be 'late' for submission by the time Summer begins.

For stamped items like Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza gifts (not cards), Summer is a good time to get them started--even if it's just testing out ideas & techniques.
Old 06-24-2013
Super Contributor!

I haven't considered metal yet Daniel. I've started by making backgrounds with encaustic waxes. I'll cut the ornament out with the spellbinders dies and then stamp on them.