Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 08-30-2012
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Trudy those animal pics you sent me was a hoot. Thanks
Old 08-31-2012
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
If anyone happens to have an AC Moore nearby, take a look at the really nice embossing folders by Darice. They're only $3.99. I bought three of them today when I ran in for a Xyron cartridge.
Old 09-02-2012
yankee

I just have to brag to someone...... I GOT MY CHRISTMAS CARDS DONE.
I have to get them while the weather is hot cause when it finally gets cool, I will be spending all my time outside. I only made 40 cause that was how many I exchange with.
I did it.....YEA!
Old 09-03-2012
Super Contributor!

Good on you Sheila Rose. I wish I could say the same. I have one Christmas card done and that's because I made it for the sketch challenge we had last month.

Today is my 35th anniversary and bad wife that I am, I didn't even get around to making hubby a card. To make it worse, he bought me a card. We're going to Charlie Brown's for dinner. Where the heck did those 35 years go?
Old 09-03-2012
Super Contributor!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy N. View Post
...Today is my 35th anniversary and bad wife that I am, I didn't even get around to making hubby a card. To make it worse, he bought me a card. We're going to Charlie Brown's for dinner. Where the heck did those 35 years go?
35th anniversary, Kathy? Wow! You married the right guy. Bad wife? Maybe, but good partner. And good for DH! When in doubt--confuse the spouse!

Have a great dinner. Heard CB has added Great Pumpkin to its menu.

BTW? Don't sweat 'where the years went'. It's when we lose our memory of what we wuz doing 5 minutes back that is a real PITA!

Happy Anniversary, pal!
Old 09-04-2012
Super Contributor!

Congratulations on 35 years together! Not a bad wife at all! I have done the same many times! Don't lay the guilt trip on yourself as I have MANY time.It only hurts yourself! Make him a nice dinner and give him a great foot rub!
Old 09-04-2012
Super Contributor!

Thanks Daniel and Julie. While Frank was taking my daughter to the bus station in Newark, I whipped up an anniversary card for him so he did get a card. We took advantage of the shrimp fest going on at Charlies Browns. I had the triple dinner which was grilled shrimp, salmon and a shrimp/crab cake with seasoned rice. Soooo good although Frank had to finish my salmon because the shrimp/crab cake was so rich it filled me up. He had the salmon, grilled shrimp combo. I love seafood.
Old 09-04-2012
Super Contributor!

Yum! Good girl...and a good time was had by all!
Old 09-06-2012
Super Contributor!

Today was the first stay of school. Everything went smoothly. The kids lined up nice, were quiet in the hallways and listened to me. Hope the other 179 days are just as good.
Old 09-06-2012
Super Contributor!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy N. View Post
Today was the first stay of school. Everything went smoothly. The kids lined up nice, were quiet in the hallways and listened to me. Hope the other 179 days are just as good.
'Hope' is a good thing, Kathy. 'Chances of..." is whole different kettle of carp.

Considered getting my teaching degree, but one thing kept me from doing it... KIDS!

Have a good year, pal!
Old 09-07-2012
Super Contributor!

Just looked at your blog again Kathy.You are SOOOO talented!! You make gorgeous jewelry! I think I have asked you this before but I forget. Do you sell your jewelry /crafts anywhere? Are you the only one in your family who is talented? Just wondering Anyway, I always love looking at your pretty things! You are an amazing artist!!
Old 09-07-2012
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

It has been a long journey since my son Spiros passed away. The date was 6-24-08. The case has been settled and we don't have to go to court this coming Monday. I have learned so much how the system is so messed up.

So those of you that are familiar with Spiros and all of his troubles, he had the last say. I have always been an advocate for the mentally challenged. So in the next journey in my life I'm going to write a book and hopefully it will be published. My hope and plan is to help others in the same situation to keep the faith don't get discouraged, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It is unbelievable what goes on in our country. The past four years has been unbelievable
we have taken on the state, the county and medical field. We might have won not a large sum of money which was never my goal in suing for wrongful death. I just wanted them to admit it was their fault my son died and they did in a round about way.

I will keep you updated and if my book is published you here will be the first to know. Wish me luck dear friends and for those of you that have prayed for us please continue to do so. With much love and heartfelt thanks to all of you from me and my family. The fight will continue but it a different way. Now the healing can start and I know it will be an uphill battle but knowing that angel of mine can finally rest in peace..........the flower child
Old 09-07-2012
Super Contributor!

Thanks Julie. I sell hand made jewelry at a school holiday boutique in December, by orders from people I know, and I have a out-of-state friend who also sells neclace sets for me. Neither one of my kids does anything crafty. They both got the brains but from who I don't know. Jen is a linquistic professor at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and Dave is a financial analysist for PetSmart corporate headquarters in Phoenix, AZ. My husband is creative and does woodworking so they didn't get the brains from him either. I think I must have come home from the hospital with the wrong kids.

Lois I'm so glad your case has been settled and you don't have to relive the whole thing through a court trial. Good luck with your book. I have the feeling that anyone who reads it will need to have a box of tissues handy.
Old 09-07-2012
Super Contributor!

Lois - so happy that your case is settle. I think a book is a wonderful idea. I'm sure that just writing it will help the healing process.

Kathy, hope the rest of the school year is as good as the 1st day was.

Nedra
Old 09-07-2012
Super Contributor!

Wonderful news to hear your suit has finally settled Lois.Your son would be so proud of you both I am sure!! And , what you have done will help others along with your book to come Good luck and God Bless you both,Hugs,Julie