Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 07-06-2013
Super Contributor!

Julie, I can use Sizzix and Cuttlebug with my BIGkick. I think if the folders are similar in size they should be able to work. The only ones I know that won't work are SpellBinders. Most packages say what they are compatible with on the back. ~ Wendy
Old 07-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
Another 90+ day. Absolutely have to work on hubby's birthday card today since his birthday is tomorrow. I wanted to play with my melting pot, but it's way to hot for that. Frank said it's too hot to cook so he's going to get dinner from the Italian place around the corner. Think I'll get a grilled chicken Caesar salad. No cooking and no dishes sounds good to me.
Old 07-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Thanks Kathy and dinner sounds good to me! We had hors 'doeuvres last night. Big shrimp drawn in butter from Louisiana and the layered bean dip. I was not a good wife, but dinner was tasty and hubby did not complain. Too warm anyway to cook a full dinner!
Old 07-07-2013
yankee

I have been trying to work on Christmas cards. It is so hard to emboss or glitter with the fans blowing above your head. I ruined several pieces of good card stock yesterday till gave up. Might try again this afternoon.
Old 07-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Hi Virginia I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well again!! I really look forward to hearing from you here at CP You're such a nice lady! I wish we lived closer so we could meet! I feel that way about a lot of you members!! The Internet has made a lot of modern day Pen Pals. Remember them? When I was young, I remember seeing the ads for a pen pal in the back of magazines. I always wanted to write but I was too chicken. Anyone ever do that?
Old 07-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Well, at least someone had shrimp last night! I had a craving for them and almost got in my car to get some at local Chinese restaurant BUT it was so HOT I decided to stay in front of my fan instead
When I was younger I had pen pals from Korea, Africa, New Zealand. I don't know if maybe 1-2 were from magazines. I can't remember, but, the one I stayed in contact with more was from NZ. - she happened to be a cousin of a pen pal my oldest sister wrote to. It was fascinating to get surprizes in the mail from other countries. It was fun except for the guy who wanted me to send things to him and wanted me to marry him --- that ended quickly!!! I've always enjoyed writing letters snail mail - and receiving them too. At least while we "talk" on site here no one knows what we are wearing or if we are pigging out with chips and dip!!LOL
Old 07-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Went to Sizzix, bought 69.00 worth of dies etc. saved 206.00! Thanks Kathy for the tip! This is the last day for the sale. QUITE a deal!
Old 07-07-2013
Inky Fingers

Virginia, I hope you feeling better very soon!

Julie, I am SO jealous at your fantastic Sizzix bargains and of you too, Kathy! We NEVER have sales like that here.

I used to have a pen pal in England when I was much much much younger! I really liked corresponding with her and we wrote each other for quite a while.

One time, when I was about 8 years old, an 'older' girl gave the name and address of an 'older' boy and told me I should write to him, which, of course, I did. After many letters back and forth, I discovered that he was a teenager, which sort of freaked me out, and then, later on, he said he wanted to meet me and take me out! Naturally I had a fit and, because I was so young and unsophisticated, I wrote back some sort of nonsensical excuse and never heard from him again -- thank goodness. I was surprised that he couldn't tell from my letters that I was just a young silly kid. It's amazing that I can remember that incident after @&*$% years have gone by! LOL

Janet
Old 07-07-2013
Super Contributor!

Your story was so funny Janet!! I would have been scared too! Can't wait to get my goodies from Sizzix.I hope they all fit my Cuttlebug machine. We shall see! I just finished watching a PBS special on Althorp Castle where Diana Spencer and her family lived along with her relatives from the past 500 years!!! It was VERY interesting! I sure do miss seeing her and hearing about her. I hope her son uses her name for part of his daughters name if it is a girl! She or he will be darling that I do know. Can't wait! I think there is a thread about this somewhere.Did anyone stay up when he got married? I did and I made scones and clotted cream and tea. My sil bought me a teacup from London with their pictures on it, so I almost had high tea in their honor. It was too early to eat cucumber sammies! It was the least I could do for Diana , watch her dear son get married! I think I wasn't the only one who felt that way...oh, yes, and I did cry a bit as I recall

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 07-08-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2013
Super Contributor!

That was a very interesting show about the Spencers. Can you imagine living in a place like that?!!!
I was up early for Prince Williams wedding too.
I checked the schedule and got up around 6-6:30 am to start watching as the families were arriving at the church. Had my tea by my side as I viewed the ceremonies from my favorite chair! Ahhh!
Old 07-08-2013
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I don't see why Sizzix couldn't have the sale for Canada too. I can see the postage being more expensive, but the 75% off would offset that quite a bit. I guess their ordering program isn't set up to calculate shipping to different countries. Sorry guys.

Enough of this weather already. I can't stand it anymore. I'd move to Canada but according to Wendy it's just as hot up there. Must be global warming.

I still have a penpal in Nebraska that I found in a magazine must be 20 years ago. Janet, I had a similar experience that you did. When I was in high school, we all wrote to soldiers in Vietnam. When the one I was writing to got out, he showed up at my door and wanted to take me out. Think I was only 16. My father set him straight very quickly. He was a cutie too.
Old 07-08-2013
Super Contributor!

I did buy some Sizzix at Michaels a couple of weeks ago. They were around $8 a set. I have bird&flower vine set, butterfly layers and card,scallop circle insert.
The weather is still HOT - 87 degrees the last few days but going down a bit this week .... a few degrees maybe to 80? At least the nights have a cool breeze for sleeping.
I'm heading down south today (St. Martins, near the coast of NB). I will be bringing a kitten home with me for a couple of weeks. My niece will be taking a trip to visit her husband in Alabama. Her kitten is a Maine Coon and 14 weeks old - need I say more? Better get ready for the furry feline..... bye for now...
Old 07-08-2013
Super Contributor!

Smile

Amen on the H&H weather so many of us are experiencing.

I watched the Althorpe show, too. I found it fascinating. Like last week's on Hampton Court, I thot it was a bit heavy on family history, but the info about the building(s) was wonderful--especially the way the ediface was tiled over the original red brick from the Tudor era.

LOL 'shrimp lovers'. We're having cold shrimp for supper today. Mom will have drawn butter & I may make myself some cocktail sauce. We're going to have bean salad as our veggie. We like the tang of vinegar when we have seafood with melted butter since it 'cuts the grease'. I'm avoiding doing much fried food 'til the weather breaks a little.

Craft front. Not much doing. Have a few items I need to work on, but not a huge rush.
Old 07-08-2013
Super Contributor!

WOW, KathyN what a great story about the Viet Nam soldier!! You probably helped him sooo much getting through and dealing with all of what was going on over there. Sweet of him to come by and meet you! Wouldn't it be fun if you could meet him again to see how his life went? I'm sure he has great memories of your letters!
Old 07-09-2013
Super Contributor!

The S.F. Giants and the N.Y. Mets are tied 3-3 in the top of the 16th inning. I am going to bed. It is 12:26am....P.S. good luck to them both, but we really need a win!!! Go Giants!.......DANG!!! The Giants lost 4-3 in the 16th inning. They all must have been sooo tired! The seagulls had been flying around the stadium since the 9th inning which was funny to watch though probably very annoying to the players. Congratulations Mets!

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 07-09-2013 at 09:34 AM.