Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 02-20-2017
Inky Fingers

Thumbs up

Kay, what a fright you had and I'm so glad you're here to tell us about it!!!! Please look after yourself and I hope you never have to 'darken the doors' of a hospital again! My husband has Type II diabetes and sometimes his blood sugar level has dropped dangerously low and it can be very scary. We look forward to hearing that you're doing well and taking part in Club Posh.

Janet
Old 02-20-2017
Inky Fingers

Update on Me

Haven't mentioned what's doing with me for quite a while, so I thought I'd fill you in a little.

The chemotherapy drug I was on and had 5 treatments with, all of a sudden gave me some terrible and somewhat painful side effects, e.g. mouth sores, rashes, red and peeling hands and feet, fear of oral cancer, etc. My doctor took me off the drug and, enough time has past that it's okay for me to have one of the drugs I was on the first time around that was so successful.

I had one treatment with it and had no problem with it. However, I've had to postpone my next treatment two weeks in a row because my platelet count is too low. Will try again this coming Friday. I hope and pray my levels are good enough as I'm upset that I'm not receiving any chemotherapy.

I feel pretty good physically most of the time, but emotionally I could improve. Saw a social worker a couple of times, once with my husband, because I was scared when the cancer reoccurred and wanted someone to vent to. Haven't gone back to see her as, in front of me, she asked my husband how he would feel "if Janet were no longer with us". I came to her because I was upset and scared and she was stupid enough to say that in front of me. Needless to say both my husband and I were taken aback! I told my oncologist about it and he was not pleased to say the least, and was going to look into the matter.

So..........I'm trying my best to keep up with the swaps although my mojo is having a hard time coming up with ideas some times, but it takes my mind off everything negative when I'm creating as I'm sure it does for all of you.

Amy, it's so nice to see you are back and will be participating in Club Posh. Are you still living in Israel?

Many many thanks to you Poshies who have sent me good wishes and who are keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. They worked the first time, so why not once again!!!

Happy Presidents' Day!

Janet
Old 02-20-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, thanks for updating us on your condition. I trust that things will get better for you. The social worker was not a help at all. So sorry to hear about it. I am still praying for you and trust that things will start to look up.

Hugs, April
Old 02-20-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet,I'm so sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the meds.I hope after your body has some time to heal, that your chemo.will help you like it did before.Sounds like your social worker needs more education on her part. I didn't have chemo. until 5 months after my surgery because of needed healing.I was worried too.Your body needs time to repair itself. Wish I was there to cook for you!I think of you often and say prayers for you both all the time.Hugs,Julie

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 02-22-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-22-2017
Super Contributor!

Hi Janet, I am sorry to learn of the difficult time you're going through. I hope the change in treatment will help and not cause such horrible side effects.

As someone who was trained in social work, I am appalled by that woman's question! I hope there is someone else you can talk to. It is so important to be able to talk about all of the emotions boiling around inside.

Yes, I am still in Israel. Can't believe it's been 22 years now...

Please take good care and know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-22-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, so sorry the way things have been for you. Praying things get better. Some people just don't use good sense when talking to you.
Old 02-22-2017
Super Contributor!

Has anyone used the Misti. I just ordered the cheaper Hampton Arts one. I have a small one hat my stamp store made and I love it.
Old 02-23-2017
Inky Fingers

Smile Thanks

Thank you Amy, Julie, & Kaybee for your kind comments. I really do appreciate them. Please keep your fingers crossed for me because tomorrow I'm having another blood test to see if my platelet levels have risen enough for me to have chemo.

Julie, sure wish I could take you up on your wish that you could cook for me! I know you're a good cook. Will answer your email soon.

Amy, 22 years is hard to believe, isn't it?! Time is flying by so fast.

Won't be seeing that social worker again, that's for sure. Don't know if my doctor looked into the matter yet as I don't see him again until after I've had the next chemo treatment.

Today has been the warmest 23rd day of February EVER since records have been kept. It was 17 C. which translates to 62.6 F. The little snow we had is all gone. However, it is going to get cooler and rain is on the way, but at least rain doesn't have to be shoveled.

Everyone keep well. Will update you again when there's something to report.
Thanks for keeping me in your prayers.

Janet
Old 02-28-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, I hope you got some good news. Keeping you in my thoughts...
Old 03-02-2017
Inky Fingers

Thumbs up Good News

I was able to have the chemotherapy treatment last Friday as my platelet level had risen almost to the proper number. My doctor okayed the treatment but with a reduced dose. I was very happy that I was able to receive it as I was a little worried that I wasn't receiving anything. Next treatment is (fingers crossed), March 17th. Side effects of last drug are slowly leaving me. Just my hands and feet have a ways to go. Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and encouragement.

Janet
Old 03-03-2017
Administrator

Hi Gals!! Thanks for the updates on how y'all are doing. Ooh Janet, those side effects are kinda tough. Sounds like you have fab Drs who are staying on top of things. March 17th is always a Lucky Day!!

Kaybee, gee I know those blood sugar lows all too well. My mother-in-law had several bad incidents a couple years ago. I learned a lot. I'm so glad to hear you're ok. I know it's a tough balancing act. Us Club Poshies are all very STRONG!!

AmyS...Good to see you again! Events ebb and flow in people's lives so it's nice to see yours is flowing in our direction now.

DebRN THAT's a great New Year's goal. I always feel better when i can dive into something fun in my craft room. Even though I work in it all the time, I'm often working on numbers and icky things like paperwork. We just had a deadline for new stamp designs and I can't wait to get these onto rubber. Funny because I spent a couple weeks drawing and NOTHING! Then I was down to the last couple hours before submissions were due...I think those last squiggles will be a hit!

JulieBT did you make it to SoCal for your Uncle Ken's 100 Bday Party?? I think you have loooooong genes in your family. I haven't heard from my friend Lori how all the festivities turned out.

Mary, did anyone get you more woolies to stay warm? We finally got a wave of normal weather for us. I've been COLD for the last 3 months. That's unusual for us. Good because SoCal is finally GREEN. Just in time for St Patrick's Day festivities. I wore every wool sweater I had...AT THE SAME TIME!! I'm exaggerating, but i did have 3 sweaters on at one point. I have a weird question. Might sound kinda icky but, does anyone know why wool doesn't seem to get dirty?

IF I missed anyone, sorry...this is what happens when I'm absent for awhile. OOXX J
Old 03-29-2017
Inky Fingers

loosluck?

Has anyone heard from Mary (loosluck)? I mailed her the March ATC and March COTM in the same envelope on March 13th, but haven't heard if she received them or not and haven't seen any posts from her in the forums either.
Hope she is okay.

Janet
Old 03-29-2017
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Kay I'm so sorry to hear all your problems. Prayers are with you and waiting for you to be well again. Mary
Old 03-30-2017
Super Contributor!

I hope Mary is ok too. How are you doing, Janet?

April
Old 03-31-2017
Inky Fingers

Glad to see that Mary is okay as she posted my ATC and COTM.

I managed to have 2 chemo treatments at a lower dose as my platelets were still not high enough. Fingers crossed that I can have another treatment on April 13th. Made a soup using marrow bones in the stock, so hope that will help raise my bone marrow platelets.

I'm sure everyone is hoping for Spring-like weather as the rain and gloominess doesn't help our moods.

Janet