Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 10-06-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet you are in my prayers.
hugs,
Brooke
Old 10-07-2017
Super Contributor!

Hope we're all enjoying our weekend. I did a bookmark using PP & a ticket stamp I got from Yankee. The pup stamp came from Stampwilly. I call it "read--that's the ticket!"
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2017
Super Contributor!

This is great, Daniel. Love it! I hope everyone is doing well. Did anyone make any cards yesterday on National Card making Day? I was with 3 stamping friends and we played with techniques and card folds.

April
Old 10-15-2017
Administrator

April...geeezoo, I had no idea it was National Cardmaking Day!! YES I was making cards...lots of them. I'm not sure the exact date of Cardmaking Day, but I was in Sacramento teaching workshops at The Paper Garden and cards were flowing. These were some of the postcards made by the students. I LOVED the color combinations they chose. Some were very different from what I normally choose.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2017
Administrator

Daniel your bookmark looks so fun. Luv the butterfly as an embellishment for the puppy. Clever.
Old 10-15-2017
Administrator

Is anyone in touch with Julie B? I know she's in Northen CA but not sure if she's in the fire areas? I'm hoping not.
Old 10-16-2017
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Judy did you ever receive my atc several months ago? Just wondering if it was lost in the mail?
Old 10-16-2017
Administrator

Hi Denise...eeek...while I would love to blame the post office, I probably miss filed it. Which month was this for? If I followed my organizing protocol, I would have scanned the swap right away. But I'm interrupted all the time these days, so my system keeps getting "corrupted". You know, trying to find something else, and then stacking "to do pile 1" onto "to do pile 3" and maybe again onto "to do pile 5" and not putting things back. I know...I'm creating more chaos in my office. (Sigh) Did you get a pic before you mailed? OOXX
Old 10-16-2017
Super Contributor!

Hi All,

I'm back - not that I was gone any place, but I was avoiding my computer in the living room. Never got the AC put in & it was too-oo-oo hot for me. I was hiding out in the bedroom.

The site shows my last visit was 8/4/2017 - didn't realize it was that long ago.

All is well with me, nothing much to report.

Time to catch up.

Nedra
Old 10-16-2017
Super Contributor!

Glad to see you back with us, Nedra. Judi, the cards are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

April
Old 10-19-2017
Super Contributor!

Hi Judi and thanks for checking up on me. I am southeast of the fires. We live about two hours east of San Francisco. We have had lots of smoky days on top of our dusty days of harvesting almonds and walnuts in the valley here.The smoke comes and goes for us but NOTHING like for those in S.F. or above in the wine country. I was just getting over a cold/cough from my g.son of about 6 weeks when this happened. I'm going to buy some allergy meds. and see if that will help.Thanks for checking in. It's hard to explain how bady the fires have devastated the areas. There have been a few wineries that were destroyed and more that have had damage. One drone showed total devastation for five miles!Close to 6,ooo buildings and homes have been destroyed so far.Three more fires have broken out in the past two days. One just above S.F. in Sausalito, one in the hills of Santa Cruz(Boulder Creek) and one in Dublin about an hour and 15 min. from us. The f. fighters are still working on those. I know you have had your fires down south too.Just terrible! So, I am way out of the way, but those poor people in Napa Valley have had such a horrendous thing happen to them.I know that Gallo Family wines have sent 1,000,000.oo to the relief and now just read that Foster Farms our big local chicken /turkey family business has sent 100,00.oo in necessities to those in need. They are both wonderful business families and help whenever it is needed.Thank you again for your concern! Hugs,Julie

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 10-19-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-20-2017
Administrator

Woweee, I'm glad you're safe. I can't imagine the devastation. Glad to hear all the generous people and families are helping. Even my cousin who lives in Sebastapol in a tiny way is helping. They are ok...he sent a quick message asking if any of the grandkids and cousins can host his Dad (my Uncle) for a couple months. His dad lives in a mother-in-law apartment and it could be used as temporary housing. At first I thought it was a funny request to move my 95 year old uncle (I think he's the same age as Ken) for a month or two...but my uncle is healthy and his grand and great children would love it if he came to visit them each for a week or two. I bet many many many people are reaching out all over. And not just the mess in NCal but hurricane areas too. Makes me feel very thankful but also very humble.
Old 10-22-2017
Super Contributor!

So glad you are safe, Julie. I have seen pictures on the news and it is just heartbreaking. I hope this is last we see of such devastating things for a long while!

April
Old 10-23-2017
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

So glad you are safe Julie. WE have had some very horrific things happening throughout the country. I ditto Judi and April's sentiments.....the flower child
Old 10-23-2017
Super Contributor!

Thanks everyone! Yes, such terrible natural disasters happening in our country and Puerto Rico.All we can do is send anything that we can spare in money or whatever they need and continue to pray.I always feel much better when I pray! Take care everyone! Hugs!