Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 06-13-2017
Administrator

Thank you Blossom for letting us know about Carolyn. Always makes me feel better knowing she'll have no pain or worries now.
Old 06-13-2017
Administrator

Janet...big squishy hugs.
Old 06-14-2017
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

My pleasure Judi....the flower child
Old 06-15-2017
Inky Fingers

Thank you Judi and Brooke. I am trying hard to keep positive thoughts and I love the squishy hugs and prayers. With all the good vibes I'm getting, I will overcome!!
Janet
Old 06-15-2017
Inky Fingers

Update

Hello My Friends -- a little update from me, your bald Posh friend. Yup! I've lost my hair again but, when not wearing a wig when I go out, or the cap around the house, at least my head is cool in the hot weather!

The blood test showed that the CA125 number has come down by half, so the drugs are working!! I've had two treatments now with the drugs, and the third will be June 23rd. Before then, however, because good veins in my arms are now becoming unusable or hard to find, I'm having a port surgically implanted in my chest on the 21st and, in future, all blood tests and chemos will be done through this port which will make things alot easier.

After the 3rd chemo I'll be having another CT scan on the 30th to see what's doing inside. Fingers crossed that it will show improvement.

Two weeks have gone by since my last chemo and finally I'm feeling pretty good and have been able to go out for lunch and a couple of dinners.

Please keep those prayers and uplifting thoughts coming as they raise my spirits and give me a more positive attitude that, if I can't beat this thing completely, at least I will be well enough for it to be managed for hopefully a few more years.

Thank you, my friends! Here's some big hugs from me ((((((((((( ))))))))))

Janet
Old 06-15-2017
Super Moderator

Janet, so glad to hear from you. It sounds like you are doing very well. I am so glad to hear there is progress. The power of prayers, good thoughts, good doctors, good friends, humor and a good attitude!
We will keep fingers and toes crossed......and I have some long toes so maybe I will twist them like twist ties so that you have great results. OK silly I know, but you know what I say "Laughter is great medicine."
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

On the home front here I am still in a holding pattern. Still say surgery but I am working on some finance issues. But I start each day with a grateful heart and ask for His guidance with my thoughts, words and actions. I have faith it will all work out.

In the meantime, I want to say I have been enjoying all of the cards and atc's. And I hope to participate next month. So Lois and Wendy please add me back in the mix.
Old 06-15-2017
Super Contributor!

Sending hugs to Janet and Denise! Thanks for the updates.
Old 06-16-2017
Super Moderator

Janet, all I can say is I'm so very happy for you. God does hear us. You see you can do it. Continue much success and keep fighting. YAY! For Janet.....the flower child

Denise, things always have a way of working out. Yes I agree laughter is the best medicine. I will put you back on the list you have been in a hold pattern. Keep the faith and keep laughing.....the flower child
Old 06-16-2017
Super Moderator

Thank you Amy and Lois.

Lois......faith.....it keeps me going and I love to laugh.
I will also take all those positive thoughts and prayers from you all!
Old 06-16-2017
Super Contributor!

It is good to hear from both Janet and Denise. I am so glad to hear that things are going well and I will be praying that continues!

Hugs, April
Old 06-16-2017
Inky Fingers

Thumbs up

Thank you so much ladies for your wonderful uplifting comments and prayers. You are all precious to me.

Denise.....through our correspondence you also have been a wonderful uplifting friend, and you know I wish only the very best for you. We both will be thinking positively! So glad you will be rejoining the ATC and COTM swaps.

Janet
Old 06-28-2017
Inky Fingers

New Update

Had a port surgically implanted in my chest last Wednesday (21st) which will make having blood tests, chemo, etc. much easier. The procedure went well and the pain in going away.

I was supposed to have chemo on the 23rd and a CT scan on the 30th, but, unfortunately, my platelets and white blood cells were too low, so my chemo was moved up to the 30th and the CT scan cancelled for now and will be rebooked, but that will take a while.

Today, my blood test was taken using the port which was virtually painless and I'll have to call tomorrow to see if my platelets are high enough to have the chemo on Friday. Don't want to make the trip to the hospital only to be told I can't have the chemo. I'm keeping everything crossed that I'll be able to have the treatment.

Hope I have good news next update.

Janet
Old 06-28-2017
Super Contributor!

Janet, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated. I will keep happy thoughts and wishes for good news for your treatment. Hugs, DebRN
Old 06-28-2017
Inky Fingers

Thank you very much, Debbie. Your words are very comforting, and I appreciate them so much!

Janet
Old 06-28-2017
Super Moderator

Janet that's right...positive thoughts. Will be looking forward to hearing that good news from you. Keep the faith.