Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamps Stamps Stamps > Clear Stamps

Old 07-11-2011
Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to StampinRealtor Send a message via Yahoo to StampinRealtor
Thank goodness

I'm very happy the clear stamps are disappearing. The clear posh I have are crumbling apart and I've lost some really good stamps. Nothing holds up like real red rubber stamps!

Thanks for the good news! I had stopped ordering when Posh went to clear stammps. I had stamps made years ago out of the clear and it was a waste of money as they are all falling apart now. I've never had red rubber stamps fall apart.

Can't wait to order again!
Old 07-11-2011
Angels are all around us.

Glad to see you back and posting Stamping Realtor

I only like the red rubber to, if I am forced to use a clear

stamp I will but not something I like to do

Trudy glittery night owl

Last edited by glittery night owl; 07-11-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-11-2011
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
All the Posh stamps Judikins will be offering will be wood mounted.
Old 07-11-2011

I found Dee's horses but they are on clear

Trudy
Old 07-11-2011
Super Contributor!

Hmmmm......When will she offer them on EZ Mount?
Old 07-11-2011

Judi only does wood stamps but you can pull the rubber off

then mount them,

Trudy
Old 11-02-2011

I'm glad i wasn't the only one who was having this problem, but i thought maybe it was due to the climate i was in~summer all year around. As someone mentioned Posh did have some great designs for Clear stamps though... Due to my LIFE situation, I've been buying more clear stamps recent years cuz when i move, i need to FLY (not be able to Drive) and these days, there is a limit on Suitcases, carry-ons, and USPS's priority flat mail box, like small got so small compared with 10 years ago. I recently try to fit my another brand which comes in Big wood block, and the smallest box could take 2 stamps, while 10 of my clear stamp SETS(more than just one clear stamp!) can fit in the same box!! So, people like me, who has an unusual life (lol...) really can't buy woodmounted stamps anymore. I still buy UM red rubber stamps though. I'm wondering it's the quality of clear stamps has to do something with it or not though... like some company claims, US made, and more expensive, etc... hmmm... I guess i have to wait another 10 years to answer to my own question, huh?! lol... As a crafter/stamper, i wish i could live in ONE place for many years!! lol!!
Old 11-03-2011
Super Contributor!

it seems some of my older clear stamps are getting sticky, but I wonder if the newer stamps will do this. maybe they have improved over the years.

Stampwilly
Old 11-03-2011
yankee

That is why the dollar stores and big lots are having lots of clear stamps. Now for a dollar or two I do not care that they will fall apart, so I buy them. I too heard bad things about clear from the beginning, and since I live in all this heat which ruins all things plastic, I didn't buy but one or to of them at real prices. Did you know that a black trash bag outside in the winter heat will break down and crumble in less that two months? It's a whole different world in az temps.
Old 11-03-2011
Super Contributor!

The clear stamp gods must love me because I have never had a problem with clear stamps. Some of mine are over 15 years old and still in good shape.
Old 11-03-2011

lol, Kathy N, maybe i should move to NJ for good, for the sake of my fav. Clear stamps!! lol ;-) When Posh started to carry the clear stamps, I asked them how the quality became, cuz i bought my first clear stamp (my college logo) in mid 80s', and 8 years later, it became very sticky and "dissolved/melted" completely. I was living 4 seasons place (winter comes with snow.) then. I didnt' want that to happen to my new purchases of clear stamps in early 2000s'. They said the quality was improved. Look what happened to my Posh Clear stamps now... ok, it hasn't completely melted but yesterday, the narrow stem of rose was cut when i tried to very slowy take it from the clear plastic sheet it came in, and a 4-random-hearts in different sizes stamp became an indivisual stamp yesterday! lol!! (they were attached but now they are cut/separated when i tried SLOWLY to take it from the original package.), cuz they got Very Very Sticky... I know, like Yankee, I kept those in Guam, the tropical island for 8? years, so maybe the heat... like Stampingrealtor lives in Florida?? I'd better move somewhere soon so that my fav. clear stamp sets will last for at least 15 years!! lol ... I like some newer companies who only make Clear Stamp sets,and beside of my "Moving" situation, I've been "collecting"(!!.. meaning, buying!!lol) those...I'd better settle somewhere very soon, like .. NJ :-)
Old 11-03-2011
stampedinhisimage

Because of discussions in the past on the club I brought my clear stamps into the house so they won't get as hot as in the garage/craft area. I have spent a fortune on clears as well as red rubber. I always prefer the red but I figure DH says when I go it all goes into a bonfire anyway. I told him he'd better not if he knows what is good for him.

I only bought the clears that I have because I've found so many on clearance at Big Lots. At $2.00 a set I couldn't pass them up. Heck I even bought duplicates! I take one to work and stash it in a locker in case I stamp there. I used to do stamping but not for some time now.
Old 11-04-2011

another clear stamp set

I happened to find my Never Opened Stampendous Clear stamp set from the same time i bought from posh, today, and it is the same, now it's Very sticky, and in fact, again, i ripped the Stitch line stamp, when i slowly took it from the original pacaking... now i'm worried about my recent COLLECTION of clear stamp sets.. many of them... in next 10 years... oh boy..
Old 04-06-2012
Super Contributor!

clear vs cling

Are clear stamps supposed to be removed from their plastic base and be mounted on acrylic bases - like the easy-mount or cling mount?

My clear stamps won't budge from their bases so I leave them there.

Any are the chalk inks more suitable for clear stamps?
Old 04-06-2012
Super Contributor!

Susan I use Colorbox chalk inks on my clear stamps and have never had a problem. I wash them off as soon as I've finished with them. The clear stamps should come off the packaging and then mounted on acrylic blocks. You live down south don't you? Maybe the heat caused the stamps to get stuck to the plastic base. I've had some sets that were harder to remove than others, but eventually they all peeled off the original plastic. Maybe try chilling them in the fridge and see if they peel off.