Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 08-11-2010
Angels are all around us.

WOW all of us baby boombers must have gotten married close to the same time, yahoooooooooooooooooooo
glitterqueen
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via Yahoo to vangerhofer
My hubby and I will be 41 years in October. Time will tell if we make it to the 50 year mark, but as a celebration of 40 years we decided to take our trip to Japan, so that was a nice way to observe the occasion. It was a few months after our anniversary though. We wanted to wait until the newest addition of the family at that time had been born. Yes, time sure goes by fast. And in that time, a lot of water has run under the bridge, but we have always come out with our heads above water and able to continue on. God is good! Hugs, Verna
Old 08-11-2010
Della

My parents will be celebrating their 50th this Friday!!!
Amazing!!!
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Smile

God bless all the poshies with marital longevity--a real feat in today's world!

Always loved the news article I saw years back... Seems a couple were celebrating their 50th anniversary & being interviewed... When the reporter asked the wife what she wanted for her golden anniversary, she said, "A divorce."!

Congrats to all from a confirmed bachelor!
Old 08-11-2010
Angels are all around us.

Della are you a baby or what If they are celebrating their 50th that makes you 2 ??????

Please tell them congratulations and give them a hug from us. What is planned for them??
Trudy
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Congrats to everyone on their anniversaries,We will celebrate 45 years in Oct.
I can't believe it's that long,time sure has flown by.We were teens when we got married.Everyone said it wouldn't last ,but so far it has.
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

I agree Della, you must be a young thing! That is good...we need young blood to keep us senior youngsters on our toes. LOL Best wishes to your parents. Cherish them while you still have them with you. Hugs, Verna
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Wow, Dekamay, that is quite an accomplishment!!! You both must be very nice people to have been able to hang in there that long.So many changes to go through when you get married young.Any bits of wisdom for us "kids"?
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

I can't really think of any advice,we've had some really rough times ,but love gets you through the rough times .And I follow the wedding vows ,for better or worse in sickness and in health.
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

My advice is to put your trust in the Lord that He will help your marriage remain strong and that when those bumps in the road come along He will be there to guide you. Always keep the lines of communication open and learn to listen to your partner too. Perhaps do things you know that will please your spouse and make him or her feel good too. It then works both ways and you both are cheered. And, if you do have a sqwabble (we all do at times I think) try to make up before the sun goes down. My grandma gave me that advice as a young girl. I think it still applies. Hugs, Verna
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Thanks,sounds like good advice
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

Ok, I know I am going to miss someone.. So, Let me just say those of you with wedding anniversaries coming up, Congratulations!!! Best wishes for many more healthy and happy years together!!
Old 08-11-2010
Della

LOL, No, I'm not my "spring chicken self" anymore. I'm 47. I'll be 48 in January. Today, I feel at least 104, but that's another story.
My parents got married young and had us kids right away.
Della
Old 08-11-2010
Super Contributor!

My parents will be celebrating 60 years ~ May 2011! They have 8 children, 28 grandchildren, & 8 great grandchildren.
As for me ~ we just celebrated our 24th!

For my parents 50th we had a wonderful party. I am one of 8 and we did all the prepwork, cooking, decorating, invitations, cake, & desserts - you name it. We had a blast and spent the entire day cooking and setting up. I took a ton of pictures of the entire process and managed to get pictures of everyone helping, all the guests and my parents too! I took them all and created a 50th Anniversary scrapbook for them ~ we just spent Sunday (we were celebrating my dad's 85th birthday) going through it. What fun that was having all the grandchildren (most were little back then - well they are still young) didn't really remember too much until they started to see all the photos and see what they were doing to help! Scrapbooks are a great way to preserve all our milestones and family memories. You can use all your stamping supplies (most of them) on scrapbooks. Just make sure they are archival safe.
Old 08-11-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Annette, that is such a great story. Wow! 60 years. I only made it for 48 and that is a lot. Many congratulations to them. I hope they make it to 75. Mary