Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Headlines

Old 04-14-2017
Administrator

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I always have these little cliches or sayings that go through my mind when it comes to "posting" a topic for the month. "April Showers bring May Flowers," where did that come from? Well like a good finger-clicking-now-"Hey Siri" gal, i can find the answer pretty fast. As long as Wikipedia is mostly correct it's been fun to investigate what things mean or their origins. So if any of you are interested...Thomas Tusser the author of "A Hundred Good Points of Husbandry" included in the April Section: "Sweet April showers do Spring May flowers." Awwwwww and apparently this was in 1557 Woweee!

Gee, after all of that you might be asking...where are the flowers? Or maybe cards with flowers? Um, "yep," got side tracked...I'm posting "Eggs" instead. I'll go research why eggs are dyed for Easter. So while I'm investigating "Eggs" how about taking a look at the challenges and swaps for April. These are fast and easy...just post something in the challenge theme.
And there's always the different monthly swaps: These are great because you make a card for one person. The Swap coordinator (Swap Mom) will provide you with your Swap Buddy's name at the beginning of the month and you mail your card. Easy peasy! But the best part is you receive a card too. You can join anytime... so take a look at this month's posts. We're just starting to receive cards. Yay!
Have fun everyone, and wish all of you a wonderful Easter and Passover. --Judi

p.s. If any of you know why we dye eggs, please share.