Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-24-2014
Super Contributor!

Rainbow sponges

Its been 6 years since I've used my rainbow sponges. I have new sponges and when I went to use them, they had disintegrated. One was usable and so I made up alot of southwest colors for backgrounds. I've discovered even though I may not like the output or can't think of how I could use the design, they have come up great as punchies or diecuts that add a thrilling addition to card crafting. I like the Rainbow sponge as it was a wonderful alternative to the brayer. You could make squiggles with the sponge that you couldn't do with the brayer. Wish I had a way to duplicate the beautiful look of the rainbow sponge. Anyone know how?
Susan
Old 05-24-2014
Inky Fingers

Ooops.........thanks for jogging my memory, Susan. I also haven't used my rainbow sponges for many years, so I'm going to find them to see if they're in usable condition. I loved using them on glossy cardstock.
Janet
Old 05-24-2014
Super Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardmaker View Post
Ooops.........thanks for jogging my memory, Susan. I also haven't used my rainbow sponges for many years, so I'm going to find them to see if they're in usable condition. I loved using them on glossy cardstock.
Janet
Yes, please share your experience. I was so disappointed that they fell apart. I had them in a drawer in a closet, and not in the sun. Glossy is the only way to go.
Old 05-26-2014
Super Contributor!

Yikes, where ARE my sponges??
Old 05-26-2014
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

I would have to say it is my beautiful papers. Love them and hate to use them for fear of messing them up. But I will say I have gotten better about it.
Old 05-26-2014
Super Contributor!

I agree about the beautiful (expensive) papers. However, I did use one today to make a card and it turned out fine. Still have some left, so I will use it again. The sky didn't fall when I cut into it, so I think I'm safe using it. Ha!
Old 05-26-2014
Super Contributor!

stash not used

I have some grunge board when it first came out - It was so expensive to me, I hated to use it - it remains untouched. May end up in a swap some day.
Old 06-05-2014
Administrator

Isn't it funny how valuable (to us) all of our crafting and paper goodies are?? I was just refreshing my memory about the start of this post. Reading that Mary has stickers that she has not used made me laugh. I just discovered my first set of stickers. I worked at my Dad's store dusting shelves, boxing groceries, mopping the floor to earn money to buy stickers at the Hallmark store.

I just discovered my box of Raggedy Ann, Snoopy and Precious Moments stickers from the '70's. Can you believe they still stick? But they're not really usable...they look like they're saturated with oils. Too funny. I sure loved all of them...that's why I still have a box. Gosh, I don't think I convinced myself to use these, even though they look pretty cruddy. Hee hee. It sure made me smile remembering the thrill of collecting.
Old 06-05-2014
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

That's why this craft is so great. I have collected cards since my daughter was born (56)years ago and I still have them. They are a little miscolored but they still make me smile. Get going guys and gals, you have a long way to go yet. Don't let those kids of you talk you into throwing them away like my daughter is always doing. She calls them clutter. Ha! what does she know
Old 06-07-2014
Super Contributor!

I sent to Sausalito in 1984 for my boyfriends(now hubby's) 3oth birthday and saw Mrs.Grossman's sticker store. I STILL have many of her originals! I think I bought every one of her little animal stickers!