Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-11-2013
Super Contributor!

Boo Hoo, my SU order is in and I can't stamp. I got the Swallowtail and honeycomb folder and the disconued Day of Gratitude. Tears of sadness. New toys I can't play with. I also have a Cutterpiller coming soon. Next thing I want is an E-Bosser. After making 50 cards at Easter for church and Eastern Star shut ins, I want an electric one. Each card had 3 die cuts and 30 cards were embossed, making 180 cranks of the Cuttlebug.
Old 05-14-2013
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
Did anybody see the rainbow around the sun today? I was between 12:30 and 1:00. We were out in the field for recess and one of my students pointed it out. I've never seen such a thing before. On the 5:00 news the weatherman said the rainbow was caused by light refracting off of ice crystals in high cirrus clouds. It was an amazing sight.
Old 05-14-2013
stampedinhisimage

I wish I'd seen it. I wonder if it was just local to you or how many people were able to see it.
Old 05-15-2013
Super Contributor!

I think it must have been a local thing Diana. We had a cold night with some places having freeze warnings which I guess would account for the ice crystals in the clouds. The day was chilly too. Tomorrow we're supposed to hit 80.
Old 05-15-2013
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Hey Kathy what did you think about Kellie and Dereks' dance on DWTS this week. And who do you think will win this year? I am having a hard time picking a winner. The last 4 couples are all good.
Old 05-15-2013
stampedinhisimage

Well, we are set to have rain tonight in the central CA valley but I don't see any freeze warnings so I guess the pretty rainbow around the sun is out of the question for me. I would love to see something like that. I hope someone got a picture of it and it can go viral on youtube!

By the way, it is so good to be able to post and have it actually go through.
Thanks SuperMatt, you lived up to your name and you are terrific!
Old 05-16-2013
Super Contributor!

I thought Kellie and Derek's Argentine Tango was excellent. I didn't think too much of the Flamenco because I thought Derek did all of the dancing. I want Zendaya and Val to win but even I thought her quick step was a mess. I'll be happy if anybody but Kellie and Derek win. I like Kellie but I'm tired of Derek always getting the skinny good dancers. They never give him a Kirstie Alley or Winona Judd. Out of the four pros that are left, Val is the only one who hasn't won a mirror ball yet so I'd like to see him and Zendaya win. She's so darn cute too plus the kid can dance.

So You Think You Can Dance have started their auditions, so I'll be watching that next.
Old 05-17-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Speaking of TV... Watched the season finale of Scandal. Cringed during the 'drill' scene, but a fun watch otherwise. Love them twists & turns!
Old 05-18-2013
Super Contributor!

Smile

Mom's planning to watch the Preakness today. We're rooting for Orb!

Me? I'm starting to work on my mag submission(s)
Old 05-19-2013
Super Contributor!

Dang, I forgot to buy a lottery ticket! Someone is LUCKY in Florida!
Old 05-19-2013
Super Contributor!

That Powerball or Megaball or whatever it is, is way too much money. Who needs that much money? I'd be happy with 2 million from the pick 6. It's enough to be comfy and splurge a little but not so much to bring obscure relatives, unheard of charities and scam artist out of the woodwork. Too much money and everyone is after you with a hand out. You have to hire people to look after your money and it's just no fun. I know this for a fact because my cousin was part of a group that won a couple hundred million in NJ a few years back. I believe his cut was 33 million. My uncle said it ruined his life and health worrying about the money and everything else. I don't need that kind of headache. My constant sinus headache is enough for me.
Old 05-19-2013
Super Contributor!

A agree Kathy! Wayyyy too much money for the average person to handle! Why can't they do smaller amount more frequently? Then , people like me would buy tickets! Supposedly, Calif. has changed so that they give out more, but I haven't seen evidence of it yet. I hope your cousin has found peace /and or happiness.
Old 05-20-2013
Super Contributor!

Talking Playing the lottery...

...aka Redneck Retirement Fund!

I don't buy tickets, but if you do... When you win & don't want to be bothered handling all the money & headaches? Send a check to me. I'd be happy to unburden you. What are friends for, right?

Getting quite humid here. Also in for a couple days of higher temps, but otherwise, no weather problems.

Started figuring out some things for Judi's mag submit. Biggest hurdle for me is going to be the fold requirement. I much prefer panels & other non-fold items. Sok. That's the fun of a challenge, right?

Best get moving. Hope y'all have a terrific day/week!
Old 05-20-2013
yankee

Daniel, if the fold is bothering, just use a panel. Decorate it, then glue it to the front of your card! Sometimes I do that when I am trying for a small piece of art and cannt get my head around it.
I haven't been able to think hearts!
Old 05-20-2013
Super Contributor!

Terrible tornados in Moore and surrounding areas of Oklahoma. Please send your prayers, love and positive thoughts to the people there. Are any Posh members living in tornado alley or other tornado areas? I hope you all are safe!!