Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 12-10-2014
Super Contributor!

Bless your heart, Loosy! The pain that our loved ones have is often worse for us since we're not able to (often) do more than 'be there' for them. Sending you & DD all the good thots & more that I have, pal.

LOL, Julie! I know wild weather is no joke, but ain't much we can do other than take what we get.

Here in Berwick, we missed the most recent 'big storm'--little precip & not that cold. Slight chance of a few snow showers later today, but no biggie. And we're looking at a slight 'warm-up' by next week with highs in the 40s--fairly normal for our area in Dec.

Glad our weather ain't bad today 'cause I'm dining with my cousins! Ed is making from-scratch pasta & a meat marinara to sauce it. Not sure if he'll let me just watch or expect me to be his sous chef. I'm taking an apron just in case. I know we'll have fun!

Wishing all of us as much fun as we can get today--& every day. Luvya!
Old 12-11-2014
Super Contributor!

Smile

Happy Today, All! How's by y'all?

I had a wonderful meal & visit with my cousins last night. Glad I took an apron 'cause I had to work for my supper & both Cousin Ed & I were well-floured by the time we finished making the pasta. Ed needed me to knead & more, but he did the machine work. He chose to cut our dough into fine noodles--aka 'angel hair'. Perfect thickness for the marinara with meat 'we' made--Yeah I was forced to cook the sauce! 'Sok. Cousin Sally made the salad without requiring my assitance & she had baked the dessert--an Apple pie with cranberries.

I was too full from the main course to taste it, but--along with leftover pasta & sauce--I came home with a piece of her pie. Gonna enjoy it tonight with a cup of tea. And I definitely have future plans for the pasta--freezable. I do believe it's the first time I've had fresh made pasta & I'm a real fan so far. The texture & taste is so different from the dried pasta I'm used to.

Here in Berwick we got a bit of whitening overnight & more today. Not a big accumulation, but enough to make the landscape look pretty.

Been working on some crafty stuff today, but I'm starting to get a bit 'munchy'. Might use some of the leftovers or do something else.

Hope we're all having a good'un today. Catchya later, pals!
Old 12-11-2014
yankee

My grandma used to make fresh pasta. Oh so good! And you are correct that it tastes different then dry store bought.
Old 12-11-2014
Administrator

Eeegads. Munchies??...I just ate the whole bag of popcorn, chex-mix munchie goodness. Sigh. I guess I'll be in trouble because I think it spoiled my dinner. Probably breakfast too!!!
Old 12-11-2014
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Daniel. I like your gingerbread/ reindeer idea. That turned out quite nice! When my friend makes cookies this year I may have to try this and surprise her. I usually do the decorating on them.
Old 12-15-2014
Super Contributor!

Happy Monday, All!

10 days 'til 'Ho Ho' makes his annual visit. Can't say I'm much in the spirit, but doing my best to hold my 'inner Scrooge' at bay. Willing to bet lots of us struggle with 'keeping spirits bright' @ this time. Glad I have my pals here @ CP to assist & share their stories.

Temps here are still pretty good--highs in the 40s & lows in the 30s so far. And the lower fuel oil prices are a true gift to my wallet.

Speaking of wallets... Got to spend time (& $$$) paying bills today. I know it's more blessed to give than receive, but....

Not sure what's on my craft to-do list for today. Might just play with a few stamps & such for fun.

I had the leftover (cooked) pasta & sauce yesterday. The taste & texture were still excellent. I have some of the uncooked pasta & I'm saving it for a future meal. Might go Asian with it.

Best get on with the day. So...Hope we all have a terrific today! Later!
Old 12-15-2014
Super Contributor!

Judi, my favorite munchie is the homemade Chex mix from the 50s w/out the bagel chips and cheesy fish crackers as they came later in published recipes. I think I just use only the corn, rice and wheat Chex, straight thin pretzels, Cheerios and Planter's Peanuts. I copied the recipe from my mom in 1973, but her's was from the late 50s.Oh, and I usually double the sauce recipe!!! I swell up for days, but it is worth it! I know, it's weird that I am so picky about recipes but the originals are usually the best ones, don't you think?
Happy munchies everyone!! Oh, and a good Italian salami is the other! I usually try to buy Molinari from S.F.
Old 12-15-2014
Super Contributor!

yankee, I just bought myself a beautiful pink Kitchenaid mixer ! I'm thinking of buying the pasta attatchment.Fresh pasta is soooo dee~licious!!
Old 12-17-2014
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Faith and I are just sitting around waiting for the nurse to come by and they I have to do some food shopping. Nothing left in the larder.

Got most of my cards finished yesterday so I'll start on my thank you notes this afternoon.
I asked Santa for a pasta attachment but I think it will have to wait for my birthday.

My daughter is coming for Christmas and will stay till just before New Yeas eve. It's going to be a real quiet Christmas. No kids except for Piper who is 1 year old.
Old 12-17-2014
Super Contributor!

Smile

Good Morning Poshies! Hope we're all having a decent Wed.

LOL on the talk of pasta-making with a mixer (& attachments). Mom's were machine-free. So it was a first for me to make it using a machine of any kind. My cousin used his orbital machine to make the noodle dough & a separate pasta machine to process & cut the macaroni. Fun to learn, but taste & texture remain my major goals--food & crafts.

Weather here is ok. Yesterday was grey & damp with showers. Today is grey with no showers. Normal Dec. weather.

Worked on some craft projects yesterday. Put in lots of time & effort, but not happy with any of the results. 'Sok. I know it's my 'mood'; not my work. BTDT lots of times & (like kidney stones) "it will pass".

Have to get on with today's jobs, so...Have a good'un & I'll catchya later.
Old 12-17-2014
Super Contributor!

Well, I got my first cold of the season so I am dragging around like a crabby dragon!! Sneezing and snuffling all day long. Good thing there were some good old movies on the tube! I did get my flu shot, so I hope it will work! Getting a bit of rain as I type but now the weather shows we wont' be getting anything for over a week. Enough time to let it soak in and get ready for the next storm that I hope will hit.
Sorry for all of you who have to deal with the freezing temps. and nasty ice and snow. Be careful walking in it!!
Old 12-18-2014
Super Contributor!

LOL, Julie! I'm a huge fan of dragons & draggins--crabby or not. My fave cold treatment is hot lemonade with a hefty shot of bourbon. While it won't cure your cold, after 2-3 of them you don't care. Glad to hear you're getting a break from the rain--much needed as it is.

We've finally got a bit of sun today. According to an article in today's newspaper we've had 10 straight days of grey. Wears you down after awhile. Not so bad if it's grey with rain or snow, but just 'no sun' gets really depressing. KWIM?

Got out to the PO this morning. Needed stamps. Also went with a friend to the market. She was looking for a particular box of Christmas cookies. She said they're called 'Jingles'. Didn't find them, but she found some she thot would do. We had a nice chat & that helped lighten my mood.

Finished a card & might try making a few more today. Also have to begin deciding what I'm making for my cousins' Christmas centerpiece. I have way too many options, of course.

Hope we're all in for a good today. Sending good thots to all for that!

Catchya later!
Old 12-18-2014
Super Contributor!

That sounds good Daniel! I just might try that tonight before going off to bed! My son , who is learning how to bartend for a catering co. in S.F. ,made a Whiskey Sour for me and I must say, it was tasty! A sunny,a bit cloudy and cold (mid to high 50s) day for us today.I am enjoying it! Send your most positive thoughts so that I can get my table cleared of, well, you know!

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 12-18-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-18-2014
yankee

10 days of gray skies Daniel! Thanks for reminding why I put up with high heat in the summer. Love the sun shine. I sure could see why early man worshiped the sun!
Old 12-19-2014
Super Contributor!

Afternoon, Fellow Poshies! We had a bit more sun today & it looks to be dry here thru the weekend. Some of our Southern CPs are in for rain, tho'. Our Christmas week forecast is for wet--rain rather than snow. Which is ok by me. Locally we've had lots of 'green' Christmases over the years.

I know I said I've 'OD'd' on Christmas shows, but tonight has a 'must see' for me. The CW Network is airing Magoo's Christmas Carol. It's rarely shown & often edited for time, but I love it. Hope the show it unedited. I'll be singing along with its songs 'cause I know (most of) the words. Magoo is terrific as Scrooge & Gerald Mc Boing-boing as Tiny Tim is great 'casting'.

Not a whole lot happening for me craftwise. Working on a few last-minute cards, but not sweating them. Hope all of you are doing better-than-ok today!