Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 04-30-2010
Super Contributor!

Congratulations, everyone, on the graduates! That is such a big milestone for parents as well as the kids!

What a wonderful thing to be able to say " I beat cancer!" God bless you all! I am so happy for you. What a blessing!

I am going to have surgery on May 20th. I am having a stomach bypass. I have lost 92 pounds in the last 6 months, and I hope to lose much more after the surgery! I would appreciate your prayers and encouragement, because I am just a wee bit nervous about the whole thing!!

My 6yo grand daughter said, "you've just about made it, Nana!" I really want this to succeed so I can do things I've never done before! Especially with my grandkids!
Old 04-30-2010
Super Contributor!

I have to say it is so nice to read all your posts! Congrats on those of you that have graduates this year!!! I have a nephew who will be graduating in June, and I am so excited for him! He really struggled with school because of his ADD but he did it and I am so proud of him!!

Laela, I am so proud of you!!! Congrats on your weight loss! You know you have my prayers and I will always be there for support!! Aren't kids just precious with their comments...

we found a house today, but I am scared!!! It's a great find, but we have to do everything, the landlord will only pay garbage..... It sits on 5 acres and the view is breathtaking, but there are no neighbors!! lol Oh he said that there are 5 deer that visit quite regularly.... It reminds me of little house on the praire where she is running through the fields... Can this city girl, handle the country life????

Leslie I know the chat thread is really busy, but what fun!!

Just know Poshies I am reading all of the posts and enjoy getting to know you all better..
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Julie, my son will graduate in a month also. Gees, it seems that the kids keep getting older and the moms keep getting younger. I love how that works! Congrats to you both.

Laela, you will do wonderfully. I have know many people who have had this type of surgery. You have done so much of the hard work already with your weight loss. Think positive and know that we are all thinking and praying for you.

Sue, Congratulations on the house. Yes, City girls can handle the country. Just think of all the beauty you will see. I love the herd of about 10 deer who visit my front yard nightly, especially when they bring their babies!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend, so far. hugs, DebRN
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

laela, your surgery will go all right. just do what your dr tells you and i will be praying for you.

i think i would like living in the country and see the deer. near us we have some scottish highlander cows. they have very long horns and you can tell how old they are by the horn length. they are fun to watch and this week we saw two babies. they are raised for beef only. didn't mean to go on so.

gradulations to all the graduates and to mom and dad.

i too read all the messages. by the way we are not farmers, i just love those cows.
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Laela, I am so proud of you! The next time you come to a convention in Grapevine, I won't recognize you! I will be thinking of you on May 20, and hope the surgery will be the first step to a new you!
Old 05-01-2010
Angels are all around us.

Laela, I am so excited for you and know in the big picture you are going to look back and say WOW, this was so worth it.

To all the cancer survivors please know you are loved and please if you need me please let me know. This is something you need to share with me so i can be there in the good times and the rough times, that is what friends do for each other.

Could you please share with us your feelings as you went throgh all of it so we can learn how to help others??? That is how we learn how to help someone else.
Thank you God for freeing them of cancer.

Congrats to all who are graduating and what proud parents you are
Trudy
Old 05-01-2010

Sue, PLEASE keep us updated on your house situation. I would love to live in the country, my neighbors are in spitting distance and some times I am tempted to spit but don't ROFL
Trudy

Last edited by glittery night owl; 05-01-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Trudy, you are funny!
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

I'm cleaning out the garage and it feels soooo good!! I realized that 1/4 of the stuff are empty or half filled boxes
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

well not looking so good on the house.. by the time i add everything up, it is going to cost us a whole lot of money for the view!! Which is great, but won't be when winter comes and my car doesn't make it up the hill! so we still have a lot of thinking to do.. wish something better would come available, so I can take this one off the decision board... lol Trudy you crack me up!!!!

I know that had to be great that 1/4 of the stuff is not as bad as you thought, makes the job so much easier...
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Ya'll are so sweet. Thanks for all the encouragement. This has been a really rough 6 months. I've never done anything more miserable. I pray that I learn something from this as well as benefit physically. It's good to know I have you guys to hold me up!!

Sue, don't give up. Things will change and the right thing will come along. It is so hard to wait. Hang in there!
Old 05-01-2010

Sometimes waiting is the PITTS, but what is that saying

OHHHH Good things come to those who wait.

Sue I have this wonderful feeling somthing is coming your way next month and you are going to be happy to waited.

Laela i am going to call you " Skinny Minney, yahoooooooo"

I saw the most beautiful red bird in my back yard this morning, reminds me that God's beauty is so awsome and his beauty is free for everyone.
Trudy
Old 05-01-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Laela, congratulations on all your hard work towards a very healthy future ahead!
Sue, the house prospect sure sounds pretty...I've never been to Rhode Island, so would love to see pics of your new "nest" once you decide!
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. This was such a huge milestone for me.
Congratulations Laela! That is awesome news that you have lost so much weight. I had a friend in scouts who lost 300 lbs with bypass surgery. I saw his before & after pics & it was unbelievable how different he looked. Everything wnt well with his surgery, so i'm sure you'll also have a successful surgery.
Sue, I wouldn't take the place if you think it'll be a burden. I know it's hard to keep waiting, but it may be worth it. I love the idea of living in the country because I love horses, but I love going out too much.
Sorry is I miss anything. This thread is fun, but will be hard to keep up with! JIL
Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Great thread! I have enjoyed reading the postings and getting to know everyone better. It is hard to remember all I read and to comment on it. Putting pictures on the site is great. I would have never thought of that . . . mostly because I don't know how to do it. If I did, I would have up loaded . . . I think that is the right term, I would have put up a picture of Tigerella, my kitty, discovering my rubber stamps. She was in my stamp closet and jumped into a tray of my stamps and decided to investigate them. It is a really cute picture. I will use it in my Tigerella scrapbook that I am creating. She's 15! How did that happen?? Well, I have been chatting enough. I shall return. I read this quote recently, but don't recall where.The tv painter Bob Ross said it. "We don't make mistakes. . .we just have happy accidents."

Ann and >^..^< ( I lifted that from Catmommy a few years ago)