Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-01-2010
Super Contributor!

Hi Ann wasn't Bob Ross great?? I MISS watching him! Such a kind soul was he
Old 05-02-2010
Super Contributor!

Thank you so much for this. I used to get into trouble everyone in a while when I would get off the stamping subject. As I like to talk about babies and dogs and cats, this is a welcome change. Stamping is a big part of my life but so are other things. Kay
Old 05-02-2010
Super Contributor!

I agree Kay. Stamping is wonderful, but so are other things. Sometimes things happen that interfere with stamping and THAT'S what I need to talk about. Yes. This is a breath of fresh air for the club, I'm thinking. I like it.
Old 05-02-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

me too. Mary
Old 05-03-2010
Binder of Broken Hearts

Other than Cards

More than 2 years ago, when my son was deploying to Iraq for his third tour, SandDollar sent me a small journal/scrapbook with designed pages and lots of room to write.

My son was killed in Iraq before I got the scrapbook made, but I kept the journal/scrapbook Sandy sent me.

Now, 2 years later I am using this scrapbook to make a small scrapbook to give to David's daughter Lizzy, who is now just over 2 years old.

I am obviously also making bigger scrapbooks about David and his life of humor/life of honor. But this little scrapbook will be a real treasure for Lizzy throughout her life.

Thanks Sandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Bonnie
Proud Gold Star Mother of SSgt David Julian
Old 05-03-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Bonnie, that was just so touching to read and to realize that Lizzy is already two years old now...would love to see a pic of her...as if a granddaughter isn't precious enough, Lizzie must be exceptionally precious to you. Sandy will be so honored to realize that her gift is going to be put to such good use!
Old 05-03-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Thank-you girls, we are very proud of DD! Our oldest hopefully will graduate with his BS in computers next spring! Then we will have two more to go!

Yep, Leslie, I remember and how you shred some books with me , too!
Congrats to your two boys and their accomplishments.

Jil, congrats on your clean bill of health! How good you must be feeling knowing that!

Sue, so glad to hear you found a place! Can't be easy living out-of-boxes. Five acres...wow...we dream of a place...living between Baltimore and Wash.,D.C. the traffic is terrible here. We are blessed to have 1/2 acre! That is considered a lot of land here in the suburb we live in! I am sure it will be scary at first...I think the first year is hard anywhere you move to, till you get adjusted.

Laela, congrats on your weight loss so far...pray your surgery goes well.

Julie...its a great feeling when you get things *cleaned out* doesn't it!
We cleaned our garage out a few weeks ago...we have been able to park both our vans in it, but was getting cluttered looking. Feels good to step out of the van without getting squished!

Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about your dear son who was killed. Its wonderful you are making Lizzy this little scrapbook that she will be able to remember her father by. My heart goes out to you...

Its wonderful to *see* other names here I remember back to check in!
Rainy here today and I hope to get off to make some much needed birthday and graduation cards!

Have a blessed day everyone.
Old 05-03-2010
Angels are all around us.

Bonnie why don't you print out the thread that a Tribute was done to your son and put it in a scrapbook to.

Times seems to fly by so fast that sometimes we turn around and suddenly say " Remember when"
Trudy
Old 05-03-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

>>Jeanne Lee wrote:
Yep, Leslie, I remember and how you shred some books with me , too!
Congrats to your two boys and their accomplishments.<<

ROFL The missing "a" for shared which made it into "shred" makes it sound like we had some sort of book-shredding party!
Old 05-03-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Talking Hey, JulieB.T.?!?

JulieB.T.:
You put a funny post up on another thread about the time you bid on a German postcard. You should post it over here so everyone can compare stories!
Old 05-03-2010
Binder of Broken Hearts

Lacielove said: "Bonnie why don't you print out the thread that a Tribute was done to your son and put it in a scrapbook to."

--------------------
That is such a good idea that I already did that (great minds think alike). I have a separate scrapbook that includes the Posh Club thread that was a tribute, and all the cards I got from Posh friends (and other close friends) in that separate scrapbook.

Then I also have another separate scrapbook that includes all the letters and emails that were sent after we lost David -- which included military and governmental letters.

Seems like David ended up with more scrapbooks than all the other kids put together. I'm trying to remedy that by now updating more scrapbooks for the other kids and their families.

Thanks,
Bonnie
Old 05-03-2010
Super Contributor!

Ok, Miss Leslie, this is the story...I put it in another thread but now can't find it! When I first started using the computer about 2001-2003, I bid on a postcard from Germany and WON! It was on a German ebay site and I thought I could figure the site out, but then I realized that I had won with a $5,ooo.oo bid instead of a $5.oo one I totally freaked out! I woke up around 3:30 a.m. and since I was up, I came downstairs to see if I had won.Oh, yeah, I won alright, but it was going to cost me! My b.p. went zooming up and then I had to wait for my husband to go to work till I could email the very nice man in Germany to say that I had made a terrible mistake.He emailed me back, and said he was not going to hold me to the $5,000.00! I was soooo stressed out over that, that I stayed off ebay for months.Computers and I dont' mix well
Old 05-03-2010
Super Contributor!

Bonnie what a treasured gift you will be giving to Lizzy! While putting together the scrapbook for her, I hope it also helps you in the healing process. I made a scrapbook for my nephew when he graduated from high school, and the pages that his mom (my sister) and him were together, I paid special attention to how she was feeling, or what she would want him to know and journaled her thoughts to him. She passed away from breast cancer when he was 7 years old. He thanked and hugged me when I gave it to him.. But, it was a few days later, when he called and said thank you for making this album for me, and for sharing what my Mom was feeling then. I will treasure this. On the last page of his album was the last picture of the two of them together and there was a letter written to him by me and in that letter was the wishes and dreams that my sister had for him. I think Sanddollar gave you an awesome gift, and when you pass that gift on to Lizzy it will be so treasured!

Well, we did not take the house.. I am a chicken!! I do think that it was a wise decision though... So, living out of boxes for a little while longer..
Old 05-03-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Sue:
That's good that you're trusting your instincts and the right house at the right time is bound to come along...

JulieBT:
That is a funny story and made me wonder what the nature of the postcard was to make it worth five thousand dollars? When you thought it was five dollars, were you planning to use it for cardmaking?
Old 05-03-2010
Super Contributor!

oh wow Julie..... You are so lucky to have dealt with an understanding person... It is sure funny now, but I am sure when that happened, not so funny!!! I would have been so sick... Ty for sharing your story!!

Leslie, thanks... Oh by the way.. We moved from Rhode Island, we are now in Pennsylvania!! Closer to my family and with the economy it was the best move for us! I miss Rhode Island, but love being near my family!!

Ok, here we go again, someone just called and said they have a place... But our phone call was disconnected, so just waiting for them to call back and finish giving me the details, but if I heard correctly it is so in our price range and a great area too!!! Love cellular phones, but at this moment I don't, because the anticipation is killing me!!