Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Stamping in our Lives > Stamping Stories & Stamp Chat

Old 05-03-2010
Angels are all around us.

Prayers going up, OK everyone lets start praying for sue and her new home to come through for her

Bonnie, I now remember Lois telling me she printed out the thread for a Tribute to Sprois when her precious son passed away.
Trudy
Old 05-03-2010
Super Contributor!

Hang in there Sue and good things will come to you!
Old 05-03-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Oh sheesh, Leslie! I had corrected it when I went to preview it, but had a separate window opened and hit the wrong button I guess!
LOL, no shredding books for me, just sharing! (there is a cool website called PaperBackSwap where you can swap books.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkycat
>>Jeanne Lee wrote:
Yep, Leslie, I remember and how you shred some books with me , too!
Congrats to your two boys and their accomplishments.<<

ROFL The missing "a" for shared which made it into "shred" makes it sound like we had some sort of book-shredding party!
Old 05-03-2010
"Hello, Cacanot!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneLee
Oh sheesh, Leslie! I had corrected it when I went to preview it, but had a separate window opened and hit the wrong button I guess!
LOL, no shredding books for me, just sharing! (there is a cool website called PaperBackSwap where you can swap books.)
Ha, ha! No, we never shred books although I have "altered" a couple of 'em. We are fine, upstanding book traders/recyclers if anything!
I am proud to say that I get most of my books from the library so they don't "stack up" on me. Don't know if I could get used to a Kindle because I do like holding an actual book.
Old 05-04-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Leslie, look who found her way back. Nice to see you my friend. CACANOT always made my day and I was always guaranteed a smile....the flower child

I have not posted anything on this thread yet, but I have read every post. Some very interesting things going on here. My best wishes to you all.........the flower child
Old 05-04-2010
homeschmomof4

Send a message via Yahoo to JeanneLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkycat
Ha, ha! No, we never shred books although I have "altered" a couple of 'em. We are fine, upstanding book traders/recyclers if anything!
I am proud to say that I get most of my books from the library so they don't "stack up" on me. Don't know if I could get used to a Kindle because I do like holding an actual book.
Leslie, I am the same way...I go to the library, but if I find a book from the library I have to have then I will purchase it for my library. It will be awful if one day they stop making books and everything would be electronic.
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

i agree with you. i have a terrible time with computer. don't know how i would handle everything being electronic
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

Hey Warren come and chat with us?? Where did you go overseas and what did you see that you could share with us please????

I have been stationed in Germany with Harold and have visited Austria, Italy and Belguim.

I was in Germany when the Berlin Wall came down and have live footage of it. I even chipped some of the wall off, on the other side of the wall you could see the buttleholes in the walls of the buildings.
Harold and I went deep inside so we could really see how the people lived, and the grocery stores hardly had any food at all.

I went into Ann Franks house where she hid and it is amazing history and visited the burial place of the Jews. I must confess I was sobbing walking through there and what they had to endure.

I visited the tulip fields and I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life. Acres of flowers and on the lake the swans were swimming and they had orchid houses.

I went to Mauderdam, which is a city built of Legos full scale. They had working lights, windows, trains, you name it they had it.

I taught in the school in Germany grades K-8th was on the base and was there when Desert Storm brokeout.
In order to get on the base they put mirrows under your card to make sure no bombs had been planted there.
The base commander sent a special bus to go pick up our high school kids which had to be bordered out because the school was 5 hours away. My son was there also and brought them back to our base.
I was instrumantal in bringing a drug counsler to our school for our 7th and 8th graders who were doing drugs. They confined in me so i knew what was going one. The counsler had to travel 5 hours to get to us and the kids trusted me so much they wanted me in there while they talked. They knew I would hold what they said safe with me. It was an privale to be in there with them while I learned how and why they did the things they did.

In Austria I saw the Swarski crystal factory and everything sparkled. it was beautiful.

OK I have talked your heads off
Trudy
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

The above post is from Trudy.. I messed up, so I had to copy and paste it... one of those days...
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

Hello dear Poshies!

I have been AWOL and haven't even read all the way through this new thread (love it, btw!) but I wanted to say hi. Our translation business has really taken off this year, and except for about a two week period last month we've been working on one or more projects every day. We may soon be able to add a new client to our list, too. We're very excited about it and if it comes through I will share.

The downside of course is my preferred stamping time (morning) is now taken up with work, and by the time we call it a day I can't wait to get away from the computer for awhile! But I have missed everyone and had to pop by and let you know I think of you all, even if I don't show up around here much.

Posh hugs to all!
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

There's no way I would read a book online:{ I don't even like reading the local paper online but I do look at it every once in awhile if something big is happening.I do read the same paper daily and my small town paper once weekly.I found papers under my g.mother's rug when we moved into the house in 1965. They were dated back to 1928-31.They were my first antiques and I still have them! It will be a sad day when only written material will be on the computer.
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

I agree!! I love to hold a good book in my hands!! I don't like reading books online, I find that I don't get as involved with the story if I am reading it online!!!
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

Great stories Trudy and it's good to hear from you again Miss Amy You are so talented Amy and I so enjoy your knitting projects
Old 05-04-2010
Angels are all around us.

I just ordered the new stamp postioner from SAM, I have been looking for it after reading alot about it, I think it is under misc for SAM
I am hoping they also get the sub pieces. It is called Sunas something or other

Goodgracious it is in the 90's here today, yikesss
lacieluv
Old 05-04-2010
Super Contributor!

Dang, Trudy, that's too hot for me at this time , but we had a near 90 the other day.High 70s and low 80s for another week or so. Our Oakdale Cowboy Chocolate Festival is at the end of the month and ALWAYS wayyyyy to hot for a chocolate festival It was 96 at the last festival a year ago and with the meds I'm on, I was out in the heat too long and got just a wee bit sick! Won't do that again