Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Stamp Challenges

Old 07-05-2014
Super Contributor!

One more question yankee. I thought gesso was thick, like gel. So, you must use a very thin amount. What kind of brush do you use to paint onto the stamp design? Thanks so much! Is gesso kind of like that gel that you brush onto wooden furniture and when it dries, it makes cracks so you can see two different kinds of paint or paint and wood? I remember my friend using the stuff that I described. Maybe it is the same ? Sorry for all the questions! I'm going to not only look this gesso stuff up, but buy some and check it out!

Last edited by JulieB.T.; 07-06-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2014
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Great card, once again we have a very talented Poshie in our midst. Love the look of the gesso. I haven't used it in years guess I'll have to buy another bottle.
Old 08-28-2014
Administrator

WOW, nice job. Love ALL of these cards. It's always fun to see different interpretations with the stamps I use all the time. It's refreshing. Oh and I wasn't sure about where to post this card...but here's one that if I read the August COTM (2014) theme, I would have seen it was supposed to be something HOT. So since I didn't follow the theme, I didn't want to post my "shouldadonethis" card there...but I can if you think I should. Anyway, I thought maybe here would be better? Actually, I'll include a link from the August COTM thread to here.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2014
yankee

Oh, I like the car, and I like the stenciled background and the colors!
Old 09-02-2014
Super Moderator

Yes Judi, you could call this car "HOT" Love it, makes me miss my Miata more than ever.
Old 10-21-2015
Administrator

Kinda thinking about the Holiday Season

Here's a fun one. Are you wondering, "How did this all come together?" It's kinda messy but really easy.
  • Start with Prussian Blue and Blue MicaGloss inks. SHAKE them really well.
  • Add about 5 to 7 1/4 inch drops of each color, onto a white glossy postcard.
  • Lay a second card over the wet ink and smoosh. Take off top card and set aside.
  • Brayer one card to smooth out ink.
  • Scooch the Spiral Flower with Dots image into the wet ink.
  • Let dry or speed dry with a heat gun.
  • Emboss with Royal Blue Twinkle embossing powder.
  • And again with Opaque White and Frosted Twinkle embossing powders.
  • Crop and layer onto Navy Blue folded card.
  • Stamp Season's Blessings image onto black glossy cardstock and apply to snowflake decorated card.
Old 10-21-2015
Super Moderator

Beautiful. I'm so glad you explained how you created it. When I zoomed in I was able to see all of the layers that you are so good at creating.
Old 10-23-2015
Super Moderator

That card is really gorgeous Judi. I really have to get into Mica glaze.
Old 10-23-2015
Administrator

Awww shucks!! This is why I'm the Princess of inky fingers!! Wonder if I will ever be Queen?
Old 10-23-2015
Administrator

My Pal Mortimer

This card was fun. I used our Spider Web stencil and embossed with Orange Twinkle embossing powder on a piece of purple colored* cardstock. The funny thing is I covered the entire card before realizing, "what about Mortimer?" So I stamped and embossed Mortimer with black embossing powder on white cardstock. Cropped and layered. It wasn't as disastrous as I first feared.

*BTW, there never seems to be the correct color of paper in my desk when I need it. But I always have inks and stamp pads. So I brayered Lime Mica Gloss onto a Square folded card...and used the Direct To Paper technique and colored a piece of white cardstock Purple with a Purple Marvy stamp pad.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2015
Super Contributor!

I am loving all the creativity here! I have been wanting to make something for this post for a long time so I finally came up with something today. I took black glossy card stock and smooshed a layer of copper Mica Gloss over it. I took the Mod Mum stamp and stamped and twisted it a little on the Mica Gloss. I repeated this over the whole card. This became my background. I stamped Judikins Esponge Vase on an svg die to add to the card. Thanks for this post and I hope to be posting more later on.

Stampwilly ( April )
Attached Images