Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > General Forum Info > Stamp Challenges

Old 04-24-2013
Super Contributor!

We have about 6 days left to do this challenge. I hope some more of you will join. All of the entries have been great! I am glad that you took the challenge. What wonderful ideas everyone has had!

Stampwilly
Old 04-26-2013
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I hope to work on this challenge today. Have an idea what I want to do, I just have to dig out the stamps and get to it.
Old 04-26-2013
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

April Recycle Challenge 2013

Love all of the ideas here. Everyone has done a great job.
I am posting two wine bags I did for friends of ours. As you can see in the last photo the nervous woman was put on a spring so she would actually shake. When I first joind the club Wendy Hall had a card on the site that wiggled. I ask her how she did it and she very kindly sent me instructions, so thanks Wendy!

Woman and Man - Art Impressions
Grass Stamp - Posh
Mountains - PSX
Old 04-26-2013
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Adorable Gerri. You have some great stamps.
Old 04-26-2013
Super Contributor!

Very cute Terri!
Old 04-26-2013
Inky Fingers

Super cute, Terri! I'm sure some of us would love to know how you put the spring in the nervous lady. LOL. How about a tutorial?

Janet
Old 04-27-2013
Super Contributor!

TerriO I'm laughing at your wine bottle bags. The bag is as nice a gift as the bottle of wine. Yes, please do a tutorial on the classroom thread about springy images.

TerriO is a tough act to follow, but here is my offering. I tore some pieces from a brown grocery bag, scrunched them up, smoothed them out a little and swiped with brown ink and glued in place for the mountains. I stamped the adobe dwelling (Co-Motion Stamps) with brown ink on the brown bag, cut out and put two together on the bottom and one up and behind so it looks like a bunch of dwellings.

The cactus and gecko are Posh. The cactus flowers were made with liquid pearls.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2013
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Terri & Kathy. I have just one word for your brown bag entries...WOW!!!

Ok. Maybe just a few more words...

Terri. I love the bottle bags. I, too, love gift 'wrap' that's a gift in itself.

Kathy. You never cease to amaze me. Your paper sculpture scene is wonderful!
Old 04-27-2013
Super Contributor!

Fantastic card Kathy! Great mountains too!
Old 04-27-2013
Super Contributor!

Wowsers, Terri and Kathy, what great projects! I have been so happy seeing all the different ways everyone has used brown paper bags! Wonderful ideas! Thanks to everyone who has played along. I will be randomly choosing a name from the "hat" on May 1st for a RAK. Is someone coming up with a recycle challenge in May?

Stampwilly
Old 04-28-2013
Super Contributor!

If no one else does, I'll think of something.
Old 04-30-2013
Administrator

April 30 - Brown Bag Book - I Made It!!

Literally — just in time. Here is my interpretation of our 2013 April Challenge, "Brown Bag Recycled Project".

My friend Karen Thomas (Yasutomo) was telling me she taught at local school art event with 400 kids. She showed them how to make Paper Bag Books. It sounded like a lot of fun, so I looked it up. I had to tweak her project because I could only find one Brown Paper Bag in our kitchen. Funny, I thought I was losing it since we used to have lots of bags. But it's not MY Kitchen anymore, it's Rob's. He said we don't get many things in brown bags anymore but he happened to save this bag from Jack-in-the-Box", hamburger stains and all!!

I managed to make it into a book cover, with a pocket in the back. I decided since we are "recycling" I'd use some of the pages from our catalog that accidently got printed sideways. The only thing I didn't finish was "gesso-ing" the pages so I can cover up the print to write journal entries. But I suppose I can glue blank cut outs over the print if needed.

How to:

Cover—I brayered Mica Gloss on the bag to cover up "Jack in the Box". Let it dry and stamped the Fern image. Folded the bag in half and set aside. The fold will be the "spine." Next I cut a piece of cardstock that fit inside the opening of the bag and glued to one side. This gave the "pocket" some stability and thickness.

Signatures— I gathered 20 sheets of paper cut to fit the inside of the cover, leaving about 1/4 inch margin. Folded in half. Separate into groups of 5 and stitched each group of 5 (this is the "signature") to the spine of the book cover.

Cover decoration— I made a book plate from scraps of cardstock and used eyelets to adhere. Finally I took a thin piece of dark colored cardstock created a cover for the spine of the book.

Fun, fun fun!!

Thanks Stampwilly (April) for our April 2013 Challenge. Now...onto Shermanator's May Challenge! Oh wait, I suppose we still have almost 12 hours for someone else to post to the April Chellenge.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2013
Administrator

OOPSIE! I got so involved with posting my project, I forgot to mention everyone's projects...FABULOUS!! Great work. It's totally awesome to see all the different interpretations for these challenges.

Also, I moved the previous comments about May's challenge to the May Challenge post. Take a look. Sounds like fun!
Old 04-30-2013
Super Contributor!

Great work, Judi! Your cover is so pretty. Looks like fun pages inside too. Maybe someone else will squeak in before the deadline!

Stampwilly
Old 04-30-2013
Super Contributor!

Ditto

I'm with Stampwilly. Good on everyone for their projects!

Sharon