Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Archive > Archive General Info > Archive Posh Swaps

Old 03-25-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

Shabby Chic Floral Card Swap

For my first SWAP as the new Swap Mom I have chosen Shabby Chic floral cards. Shabby Chic seems to be all the rage these days. Everyone who has been around and knows me knows how much I love flowers.

To me SHABBY means distressed or torn or a little dirty in a feminine way. The CHIC part, I looked it up on my computers dictionary means elegantly and stylishly fashionable.

So for this SWAP on your cards [A2 size] which is an 8 1/2 by 11 inch pice of card stock cut accordingly.

Suggestions for this SWAP
Google Shabby Chic card and check it out to get an idea for the swap.

Guidelines for this swap are as follow

1. Your card size is A2.

2. A stamped Floral image

3. Patterned paper for the shabby part

4. For the Chic part on your cards I would like for you to incorporate ribbon, a bow and a button

5. The color choice is up to you

6. You are to make 6 identical cards make sure you list items used and stamped companies credits on a separate sheet of paper included with your cards and on that list your name and club username and the name of the swap

7. Place your cards in a zip lock or the like plastic bag to keep safe from the elements

8. I also suggest you use a bubble wrap for your envelopes to keep your cards from harm.

9. POSTAGE send what it cost you in postage plus 2 extra stamps. [NO POSTAL METER STRIPS] just stamps the extras will be returned also include a return address label [I suggest putting them in a small baggie too]

!0. The cards must be in my hands by Friday June 7th 2010 that is 6 weeks from tomorrow.

If you would like to play along please e-mail me with the following, your name and address and your club username my e-mail address is koukla4@verizon.net
Old 03-25-2010
Super Contributor!

i have a question. i have had my paper so long i can not tell you where they are from. is this a must have for the cards. i mean where they are from.
Old 03-25-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
I am so in on this one. Linda I don't think we have to tell where the paper came from. I was even considering making my own floral background paper.
Old 03-25-2010
Super Contributor!

I'm so in on this swap. It'll be a challenge for me to use a button, but I'm gonna give it a try. Can we make our own faux buttons?

Linda-I don't see where we need to give paper credits, just stamp credits. I also have papers that I've held onto for years. I have no idea where they're from. Plus, years ago the decorative papers weren't all named.
Old 03-25-2010
Super Contributor!

Don't worry about the paper, just the stamps!! Enjoy this swap, sounds very challenging!!!
Old 03-25-2010
Angels are all around us.

I am in this one to

I now have everything laid out on my tabel and am fixing to rock n roll, yahooooo

I am making 7 cards so our swap mommy will have one to
lacieluv
Old 03-25-2010

I am so excited, i just finished my master card and I must say

"Ms, Swap Mommy, you sure made me stretch my wings""" Yahoooooo

Everyone PLEASE join in,, this is really alot of fun. Lets support Lois as this is her first swap as our new mommy
lacieluv

Last edited by glittery night owl; 03-25-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2010
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to Kathy N.
You already made a card for this swap?????? I'm still working on my animal ATC's which will be mailed tomorrow if I have to stay up all night. Jeez woman, you're making the rest of us look bad.
Old 03-25-2010

I am finished making my cards Lois, please be on the watch for them in the mail.
This is not usually my cup of tea but have to admit it was alot of fun and my muse is back, yahooooo
Trudy
Old 03-26-2010
Super Moderator
Ask Me Questions - We're here to help!

I'm sorry for any confusion. I give credit for everything, and i do so in case someone likes it so much, that they would like to purchase it. It's just a habit of mine. So if you know where you got it or or who manufactured it it would be nice to give the credit but it's not necessary. I will try to be more conscious of that in the future. I hope that answered the question Linda.

Yes Jil, you can make a faux button.

The purpose of the swaps will be to try and get people out of their comfort zones. I hope you all have fun making your cards and that more of you will sign up......the flower child
Old 03-26-2010
Super Contributor!

thanks everyone. i have been looking at magazines and got a little confused. just another senior moment.
Old 03-27-2010
Super Contributor!

i think i have a die cut for buttons. i will let you all know some times today. i would be happy to make some buttons for you if i do. i think they would look nice covering them in yutee to make them shiny.
Old 03-29-2010
Super Contributor!

Linda- thanks for the offer! I keep meaning to get a punch that does buttons. I think my slice has some.
Some time ago I found a really cool faux button technique on a blog. I don't remember the blog anymore, but I still have the technique in my head. It;s rather simple & involves cutting a shape out of cardstock five times & glueing them together. Then punch the holes with the cropadile & sanding the edges together. Lastly, cover them in crystal lacquer to make a button. I can do a tutioral on my blog if anyone wants. I did one today on my Shabby Chic flowers. JIl
Old 03-29-2010

I want you to do one on your blog please Thank you,
lacieluv
Old 03-29-2010
Super Contributor!

i found the die cut and will make some soon. i think jills technique would would work with these too. let me know if you want some.